Community Speech

NooK

Name: Community Speech

Suggestion: Either remove people from reacting to posts, or don't delete the reactions. It's a simple and small way of people giving feedback on posts, free speech if you would. Note this is a private entity and you're not upheld by the constitutional bill on your own platform.

However, do not delete literally dozens upon dozens of reactions to a post because you don't like how the community is responding.

Either remove the ability to react. (I know you can do it, I own this same forum software for my own purposes)

OR

Make it against synergy policy to delete forum reactions on posts.

Why should we implement this? Because it will make your responses to community feedback clearer in the future.

How will this improve the Forums? This will make it clear to the community if you want their feedback at all on anything. Honestly, this isn't the first time I've seen clear and concise feedback completely ignored.

From the feedback form you guys put out, to people asking for questions to be answered in the teamspeak I've seen shit ignored. Make it clear how you want this community to interact with management decisions.

Edited by Nook
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly 1

+1, Although I would want to keep reactions because besides commenting, it's one of the only ways we have to express our feelings about a topic/comment. However, I do agree with the fact that deleting reactions should be strictly forbidden. Just because Staff doesn't like how the community is reacting to something, doesn't mean you just get rid of the reactions as a whole. If you see a bunch of negative reactions on something you made, then clearly the community does not agree with it. If you want to be a server that is for the community, you should use the reactions to know what the community wants and doesn't want, simple as that.

• Agree 2

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

• Retired Founder

Hi there,

This will be accepted and reactions should have and will be left alone as they are & this;

48 minutes ago, Nook said:

Make it against synergy policy to delete forum reactions on posts.

will be upheld. At the time of the reactions on the Commander Report being removed, it was all reactions (not just negative ones) and it was because the post was to be re-clarified to make more sense as the post was made from a very official standpoint and was worded somewhat poorly in some instances. By having the reactions removed we are able to make it so that people can re-give their reactions appropriately. I was going to make a post about this in the Community Discord, however this was made extremely quickly and has snowballed and I apologise for being slack in this instance.

I have now decided to post a clarification following Crimson's post rather than rewriting the post that is already there, however my statement will follow the Community Q&A today at 8:20pm EST.

I can see your point in the following;

48 minutes ago, Nook said:

Honestly, this isn't the first time I've seen clear and concise feedback completely ignored.

as this used to be the case in many different occurrences, however our new Founder team are aiming to fix this issue and attempting to get to all feedback as quickly and as appropriately as possible, sometimes these can't be answered immediately & sometimes when people give anonymous feedback it's almost impossible to follow up on if we need more details or if we are trying to combat an issue.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 5