Potentially removing Recon Regiment

Potentially removing Recon Regiment  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Retired Founder

Hello everyone,

After a discussion with the current members of High Command, we have seen the issue of having too many regiments to manage, and the following was proposed.

• Removing the Reconnaissance Regiment (again).
  • Moving Rancor to the Specialized Regiment (again).
  • Moving 41st to the Attack Regiment (again).

This would leave us with three regiments (Attack, Specialized & SOBDE) and therefore three regimental commanders. With a structure that looks like this:

Attack Regiment

104th | 212th | 41st | 501st

Specialized Regiment

21st | CG | DU | Rancor

Special Operations Brigade Regiment

BB | Delta | Null | Omega

Before we approve and move forward with the this change, we are allowing the community to have input. This poll will be closed in 3 days and a final decision will be made by the Directors & High Command. Feel free to share this post around to ensure people vote on this poll so that the community can assist in making, or not making, this decision.

This idea was originally brought up by Rancor BCMD Dennis and then moved forward by a council of MCMD, Yoda, Palpatine, Directors and myself.

FIRST

I think less super high positions would have the high command positions more valuable, however, the candidates for these positions would need to be stronger and more active to be able to properly manage all the battalions they are in charge of, which I believe is a good idea! 

If it were me, I would move 41st > SPEC and Rancor > ATK but that's just me

Edited by TheCyan
  • Agree 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Forum Admin

NO lol 104th 212th and 21st ATTACK (Marines lol)

41st CG DU Rancor specialized.

21st already take upon the Attack role in most deployments.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

so this could make things either easier to manage since less people need to work on it, or more work for the individuals who are the current REG commanders, it all depends on how this can work. if the current REG commanders are up for it and can deal with working with 4 batts then go for it, if they cannot then just allowing them to stay with the recon should be no problem. just something i can see happening.

• Retired Founder
Just now, Guac said:

21st are also trained in various forms of combat, including but not limited to - Underwater, Spaceship boarding, cloaking (SC/SO), etc. They are definitely more specialized

• Agree 2
Veteran Admin

In my year and a half of playing the server i have only seen like 3-4 recon regs

• Agree 2

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

• Retired Founder
1 minute ago, Ger-ma-gur said:

But 41st isn't an attack battalion it wouldn't make any sense. They are recon same with rancor.

41st in the later years of the clone wars, was mostly replaced with Green Company which was a core attacking force, similar to the 501st and 212th.

Just now, Bro said:

Return the 21st back to ATK, we miss em

As for 21st, see my above post. They also handle TECH & EOD, which is within itself, SPECIALIZATIONS.

Forum Admin
2 minutes ago, Forseen said:

21st are also trained in various forms of combat, including but not limited to - Underwater, Spaceship boarding, cloaking (SC/SO), etc. They are definitely more specialized

41st and Rancor are also trained in reconnaissance but we know see how well that worked  :Pepega:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Retired Founder
Just now, Eclipse said:

I think Rancor attack and 41st Specialized instead. Both suit specialized but I think Rancor suits attack better.

Rancor had specialized trainings, as can be seen more in the 2003 version of the clone wars, for example, 1 member of Rancor, ALONE, jumps in and blows up 3 tanks in a row. They also handle ARC trainings which is a SPECIALIZATION.

WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER FUCKING BATTALION!!!!

They don't fit in at all. I already lead the 3 largest battalions (-21st) I don't need to care for another one.
SOBDE already has it easy (comparatively) this makes it excessive.

Expand the SOBDE reg's position, since he is cruising. 

14 minutes ago, Guac said:

I don't think you understand. You want 1 guy to run the HUGE battalions?

I think you guys have got this all outta wack. this all sorta seems like a haphazard suggestion because Recon is failing and hasn't received a reg.

Why wasn't this ran through the regimentals? This affects us very heavily an we matter as much as any other.
i understand its a high staff decision but this affects us Regs the most.  

You're making it:
Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous
Hard Tryouts 

17 minutes ago, Forseen said:

After a discussion with the current members of High Command

HC is RCMD+ not MCMD, Palpy, and directors. So no this is just a lie

This is a simple solution for a complex problem. I think we should have a High Command meeting about this issue, and a meeting where RCMDs are there.

YOU DIDN'T CONSULT 41ST??? Did you even talk to RANCOR???

This is the worst communication I've seen in my life. It's you're pretending the Phone lines are down

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 7

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

4 minutes ago, Forseen said:

They also handle TECH & EOD, which is within itself, SPECIALIZATIONS.

41st Specialize with Hostile Terrain Warfare | Counter Insurgency | Alien Translation so how come we ain't going to SPEC Regiment if this was to happen.
I personally don't think its a necessary change.

Adding - You are also putting more work with SPEC Reg And ATK Reg As they both already have 3 Battalions to take care off. 

Edited by jwmain
  • Agree 1

Aye I'm in 212th!

3 minutes ago, jwmain said:

Adding - You are also putting more work with SPEC Reg And ATK Reg As they both already have 3 Battalions to take care off. 

This literally just mean that you'd be aware as a regimental commander that your job leads to more responsibility. It's not like battalions are useless without a regimental looming over them at all times. Look at Rancor, a member of the Recon branch that hasn't a Regimental for months now. Battalions have a BCMD, multiple officers and the rest of the server High Command as well to help out if needed.

hi.

21st is So Special it goes beyond our fighting styles and technological implementations, we actually have special troopers.

Also, idk, I dont see RANCOR as a spec bat, seems more like an attack, they only thing specialized about them is ARC training.

• Agree 1

"After a discussion with other members of High Command"

After talking with another regimental, we are completely in the dark. I think this should've been brought up in a commander meeting, then to the community.

Perhaps this change needs to happen, but High Command and Commanders need to be informed about HOW this will happen

Edited by Brass
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 2

"A word from the Navy..."

I believe that 41st and Rancor should BOTH be going to specialized, and 21st should be Attack. I understand that this puts more stress on Attack Reg but with specialized also being 5 battalions without the move, because, let's be honest. 41st is not an Attack Battalion in the slightest.

• Agree 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

2 minutes ago, Fyi said:

This literally just mean that you'd be aware as a regimental commander that your job leads to more responsibility. It's not like battalions are useless without a regimental looming over them at all times. Look at Rancor, a member of the Recon branch that hasn't a Regimental for months now. Battalions have a BCMD, multiple officers and the rest of the server High Command as well to help out if needed.

Why do we get A million times more responsibility than fucking Pythin??!?!?!

If regiments can run themselves then why does Recon need getting rid of? 

We're being made to take more responsibility over our battalions. We're being told to be more involved. Being HC is already quite a bit of work, myself and shanty don't need more problems to try and solve.

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

14 minutes ago, Comics said:

WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER FUCKING BATTALION!!!!

They don't fit in at all. I already lead the 3 largest battalions (-21st) I don't need to care for another one.
SOBDE already has it easy (comparatively) this makes it excessive.

The Attack Regimental doesn't "run" battalions, that's what BCMDs are for. Historically, RCMDs have taken an observation role in battalions, and have helped guided battalions. You whining about "I already run the 3 biggest battalions" makes downright no sense. With the exception of maybe the past week or two, 501st, 212th, and 104th have been running good (especially compared to the SPEC battalions), and need little involvement. Thus, adding another battalion doesn't change much. Also, having the 'largest battalions" means those battalions are less likely to fall in a bad spot due to the amount of people in them, and have a statistically higher chance of being fit for a leadership role within the battalion.

14 minutes ago, Comics said:

I don't think you understand. You want 1 guy to run the HUGE battalions?

Again, 1 guy doesn't "run" huge battalions, 1 guy oversees a large group of people. Adding another battalion to oversight for the ATK & SPEC RCMDs only ENSURES that the candidates for these spots must be thoroughly qualified and prepped for the role. Additionally, the MCMD and Directors help oversee as well, so it's not like only one person is in charge of these battalions. 

Also: I've been hearing about this/heard rumors about this for like...a few weeks now. This really shouldn't be the most surprising news for someone that's active.

Edited by TheCyan
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

ALL IM GONNA SAY IS FORSEEN STOLE MY IDEA, i've been saying this for a while now. 

However mine went a bit different, Keep the current suggestion and add back TWO senior commander spots to oversee the "Army" aka attack battalions and one for Special Operations Senior Commander or something like that (couldnt come up with a good name), he can either overseen just the spec regiment along with being over the spec reg and helping or include him over SOBDE as well. 

But hey its just a theory a game theory... oh wait wrong one.

• Disagree 5
  • Funny 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Why make 41st an attack battalion? Rancor seems much more fit for attack anyways with the amount of stuff they have in their arsenal. Despite having reconnaissance in the name, I personally don't see ARC troopers, besides SO ARC troopers, act specialized or like recon at all. Has anyone personally seen 41st spearheading an attack? No, because they're either recon or specialized. I have however seen Rancor do it several times and very effectively. 41st also has speeders, AT-RT's, and specialize in translations. That personally says to me they're more diverse and specialized than Rancor.

Lore may say otherwise but just from seeing both battalions on the server and how they act during deployments/events, yeah, Rancor is definitely an attack. Once again, even if lore states that it should be swapped. I don't entirely see why lore is a priority in this case because if you put 41st and Rancor side-by-side and see how they perform at doing everything an attack battalion does, Rancor would be the one on top.

Also, not contacting the current regimentals AND 41st and possibly Rancor isn't helping this decision. That's either laziness or crappy behavior.

Edited by Johnson
  • Agree 2

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Forum Admin
36 minutes ago, Mav said:

21st is So Special it goes beyond our fighting styles and technological implementations, we actually have special troopers.

Also, idk, I dont see RANCOR as a spec bat, seems more like an attack, they only thing specialized about them is ARC training.

yea.. mentally special ;)

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Personally I don't see 41st as a Attack Battalion. 

• Agree 3

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

• Management

Another Regiment rework yikes...

For all those saying 41st would fit better in SPEC rather than ATK just know that the 41st is actually a Legion within the 9th ASSAULT Corps who were "renowned for their overwhelming firepower and offensive tactics." Link below for those interested.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/9th_Assault_Corps

As for the Regimental rework shenanigans this shit just keeps on goin. It needs to be sorted and left alone for a good while after this attempt imo.

Also ARC troopers are literally a SPECIALIZED unit within the Grand Army so why wouldn't a Battalion full of them not be in a Specialized Regiment? (Even though Rancor is technically an ARF battalion with a handful of ARCs in lore but ya know *cough*)

Oh no Rancor in SOBDE where have I heard this before monka

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Well,

The comments from the Regimental Commanders here don't inspire a lot of confidence. None of them seem to have been consulted. It seems rather unprofessional to put an idea like this forwards without consulting any of the Regimental Commanders or Battalion Commanders of the affected Battalions.

I am not a member of High Command, nor have I ever been- but I guess my real question is... what's the issue? What issue within High Command has encouraged so many regimental reworks? Is the workload of the Regimentals not enough? Is it too much? Do you think High Command would function better with a different number of Regimentals? I understand that you have stated "we have seen the issue of having too many regiments to manage" but what does that mean? 

At the end of the day you have a Battalion Commander who is overseen by a Regimental Commander, that Regimental Commander also oversees ~2 other Battalion Commanders. They are then (presumably) overseen by the Marshal Commander, who works closely with Palpatine to lead High Command. Let me know if any of that is wrong, but I think that's how most people on the server understand our leadership. 

With a system built like that, with a reasonable number of battalions being overseen by one person who then reports in to High Command, how could having one more regiment really be hard to handle? I suppose the issue could be that the Recon Regiment doesn't really ever have a Regimental Commander, but that seems like more of a reason to give the Regiment some love (in the form of another battalion or something) as opposed to removing it. 

I have taken some time to think on this- and I believe that, at the very least, all of High Command or really Battalion Commander+ should sit down at the next meeting and discuss this change. Though ideally, something of this sort isn't suggested again.

Operations Regiment failed.
Mechanized Regiment failed.

The strongest advice I can give is that we stop rearranging the battalions and find the root problem and fix it. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Foxey said:

The strongest advice I can give is that we stop rearranging the battalions and find the root problem and fix it. 

Root Problem: Dividing Battalions into Regiments
Root Problem: Finding Reliable Regimental Commanders
Root Problem: People thinking that A Regimental Commander is what keeps battalions running

Just my 2 cents

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I think the recon regiment was the most useless and dead one for a while. The battalions barely interacted and one ran autonomously without issue and didn't like much outside influence. Ever with 3 battalions in Recon the regiment sucked to command as a regimental. 

I do agree with the moving Rancor to SPEC and 41st to attack. On the surface it seems dumb but I think its justified and makes sense. Including jobs, but also battalion culture.

This change will make the battalion hierarchy and management more balanced, instead of having a stray two battalion regiment, that has struggled to get a Regimental.

The only negative I can think of is issues with distributing attention between more battalions. Should be fine if proper folk are put in.

You can still pull some reconnaissance shit without the regiment. I think if this change was to happen it would be more tailored towards ARF and ARC. Dunno if 41st still head ARF though.

Edited by BigZach
  • Agree 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Reading this entire post and the comments associated really hurts my brain. +1, remove recon. If you think having another battalion added to a specific regiment whichever that may be is that big a deal then let someone else do the job(The job of being Regimental commander mind you). Personally I would if I were reg, see the good sides, whatever they may be and look for opportunities that come with this change if it goes through, not sit here and complain about (Insert Reg+ Commander here). I completely and fully recognize that I am not currently or have been before a regimental commander, but goddamn y'all make it sound like it's a harder job than what it actually is.

• Agree 2

spacer.png

Sooo, as one of the few regimental commander who haven't commented i will make this quick.

No I wasn't consulted

Yes I am for this because I feel like it will improve the batts in recon reg.

My workload as a reg is manageable mainly cos I don't get involved with all aspects of my reg cos I sont need to.

I see this as an absolute win.

But yeah, I understand the confusion and mild hatred based around the RCMDs not knowing.

• Winner 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Hey there, personally, I proposed adding Rancor to Specalized way back when, however, removing Recon and shoving 41st and Rancor into the Attack Reg, doesn't make sense, nor does it embrace what 41st or Rancor do. Regiments create a main directive, embrace the primary function of Battalions within, and factor into the Training those Battalions have. Both Rancor, and 41st can do Recon, they'e supposed to be trained in how to do it, but it's not all they do. 

While Recon is the Main Directive for Rancor, and 41st, they Secondary Directive is ARC and ARF Respectively, Leadership and Translation/Civvie duties. Under Merril as BCMDR, We trained in being able to fill any role needed, because we trained hard and wanted to be able to provide Leadership, whether behind Enemy Lines, on the Front Lines, or way behind. While it's not common to see 104th not handle the Diplomacy, 41st have always been known to handle Situations with Civvies, particularly less advanced ones, with a different but effective touch. 

I've seen Comics in Action, he's a fantastic RegComm, but as someone who's spent a long ass time doing Frontline with 212th, Expecting 212th Training to work with Rancor or 41st Training, is looking to disappoint. That being said, Adding Rancor to SOBDE, Isn't a good idea, and hasn't been a good one since I suggested it to an Old Recon Commander. A Big part of Rancor, is the Standard they hold to themselves, Leadership is a vital part of Rancor because without good and sturdy Leadership, Rancor falls on it's Ass. 

Rancor is not, and should not be an in your face Battalion,  they work well on their own, and by proxy of ARC, are Self Reliant. When the Standards for Rancor are high, the Results are High, however SOBDE Functions  on having The Highest standard. If you want to be SOBDE, you need to be SOBDE Capable. If SOBDE is not the Highest Standard, SOBDE loses a lot of it's charm. Even though I think Rancor can meet the SOBDE Standard in some ways, it just doesn't work like that with SOBDE. 

Having Recon is important, because it's a Detachment separate from the Main Force, something absolutely VItal to not just chuck everyone at the Opposition  and have SOBDE cover their asses. As much as I love ATK, ATK Regiments start to get a lot less enjoyable, and functional when you add in Battalions that aren't ATK.  

Whoa

This is a change that I never thought would happen in a very long time. Granted I haven’t played since august, I believed the regiment had grown but I guess in the eyes of high command and the server leadership must have seen other things. As the most recent and possibly last recon regimental I would like to share some things that I myself saw during my time on the server

1. The regiment always struggled to sustain a regimental, wether it be by the constant changing of battalions in the regiment or bad timing there has not been a regimental to fulfill his time in his term fully since my arrival to the server. This has lead to the regiment sometimes not having direction and lacking communication. This has lead to many situations where battalions struggle to communicate with each other and things go bad. That leads me into point

2. Communication The regiment has sometimes always had issues with communication. Wether it be issues of disliking each other, or just not communicating well enough. This was something I aimed to fix during my term. ( Resigned before I could get fully started)

3. Lack of Recon Use. As a former game master doing recon events was a challenge. But that doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t happen. During my time on the server deployments rarely happened for recon and when they did recon was barely an element. This leads to a lack of activity due to boredom.

4. Finally Drama There has been many different spouts of drama in the recon regiment that it is tough to point a time when there was none. Back in early 2020 was the Rancor and 41st BVB Drama after 41st lost to questionable officiating (Still think we won) The toxicity led to demotions in both battalions. Drama has hung like a roof over the regiment since the beginning.

Do I think the removal is a good decision, no. But do I think it should happen yes. I love the regiment and both battalions but I think the change will be the best for the sever and its players.

- Your Local Headass, Bruise.

Former: Jedi Master,  BCMD Gree , Recon RCMD Head Admin , GMM, Adi GalliaCommander Faie X2, Cooker

First off remove Recon wouldn't do much to begin with. When we changed to Mechanized Regiment, it lasted all of about 3 weeks and then it got changed back to Recon Regiment. Coming from a former Gree, it defeats the purpose of Green Company, yes you could say that they can still be a Recon Sub-unit but they will most likely use Green Company as an Attack Sub-Unit and not a Recon Sub-Unit. I feel like this would kill Rancor and 41st yes they have the numbers now but people are going to looking to join more of 501st and 212th. I think we should wait and see how Cronis's app goes then decide after. I think removing Recon would just completely be worthless and not improve anything of the sorts and it will just eventually just turn right back around and add Recon Reg back.

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree