[Accepted] Ninjaman's Ban Appeal

CruorFlumine

Disclaimer: I am posting this for him since he cannot access the forums.
He also wanted me to be sure @TheCyan saw this.

Name: Ninjaman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80516124

Ban Reason: Targeted a member of the community in order to harass and create a toxic environment, in an attempt to gain evidence against him. / toxicity

OWvduOtDbBvxx7jr8WyJoadzr-Ie4impkGFgrQP48AhTvRIAFCpBCWxcer-rVlrjVQHvbl_jVjZNtCreOwC8qDBNO_YLoDKUozopRVatpRoAmVOrs29jpkL6QQdvaC2veNz7Wxwn

9Xe4w-IwLX3S17kh9tPnOMCm5-EFv_XksGzqq3yeBi69Z6fguPUoWQYclxItjJHunT5ycqLu-u2xA1YTZOpehnJvzu8-TiPUCTPCXEMyozCeNb6nXaY5S-q9HZtqN9fbkQ4yp81d

Date of Ban: 8/5/2020

Length of Ban: Perma

Staff Members Involved: Forseen, Freck, Anderson

Reasons why we should accept your ban: 

DISCLAIMERS- 

First, I want to clarify that this entire appeal is to explain my OWN actions. This will not involve what happened in DU, this will not involve drama (nor meaning to try to create any) and I can’t speak for anything else that was said or done by any of the other banned individuals. This is to not also argue the bans and how it may or may not been handled it’s already been done and that the point of this entire thread. As I am also forum banned I apologize if I can’t answer any of the questions some of you may have. I’ll try to keep this as clear as I can with enough information to work with.

Background info-

Now, I had known cyan for quite sometime and worked closely with him during my time in DU HC. He was a absolutely great doc worker and at that time he was only a freshly promoted LTC. We had our agreements and or disagreements, but overall got along fine. There were a few incidents that did lead to me keeping a eye out for him. At this time me and owen were the ones running DU at this time. It kept us extremely busy most nights as we tried to work together to improve and help solve DU issues and concerns. Personally, I say me and owen made one hell of a team. Unfortunately, with our limited resources me and owen couldn’t do everything on our own. This was when we already had a eye on cyan as some of the doc work he was already doing, with some minor flaws that we hoped to shape. We then added cyan to the team and involved him in most of the doc work that needed to be done. I will 100% admit i didn’t make much of the docs I primarily helped keep the battalion in line, working on some discipline related items and talked within our own battalion and outside of it and help keep good relationships with the server between DU. I really worked towards the betterment of DU at the time. Owen and Cyan mainly handled the behind the scenes related stuff. 

Main Story-

Alright onto the main topic. As some of you may know I had received a permaban back in early august under the reasons for targeting a member of the community. This target member was Cyan. Being the type of guy who didn’t do much doc work compared to cyan who did a ton of it we would always banter at each other. And poke fun at each other at our roles. (Considering when I first became DISL CMDR in DU one of my first acts was severely punishing the battalion for messing around in a Null training they setup for us. Cyan and Qster got it the worst since they were the highest ranks we missed a Order 66 event doing this) Possibly had a small part in our banter back and forth.

The quotes that were said was after one of our more heated banter moments. I will admit without context the quotes that are said sound bad. I won’t deny that, but what I will say was that this was said within a discord server that was a friend’s and not affiliated with synergy (even though synergy members were in there and I also understand Directors can use other discords if they involve something) What was said in there wasn’t to leave there as to not cause issues in the server. The screenshots that will be provided are also the same exact screenshots I had aslo provided as context within that server. Once the screenshots were provided the said quotes that I was banned for was more of a poor choice of words in two different instances. If you reading them I was not trying to target cyan or harass him. It was more of our usual banter (Please note I was already resigned from the server for 2 months) In the screenshots I was more explaining to him as to why i didn’t create a doc for DIS due to me and owen having other concerns. There were some jokes and a bit of mocking, but nothing bad in my opinion and he also mocks back too. It was just poking fun at each other something most people do in a discord when their bored. It was not trying to target him or make him angry in anyway to try and gain “evidence”. I just believe that what was said and done was taken out of context and attached to other matters that were unfortunately happening at the same time. I will not deny with the ban I felt I was banned with those quotes being taken out of context and was unable to explain myself. I was frustrated and felt wronged. I felt it could’ve been handled a bit better and gone a different way if they were given the correct context and more or less caught in the cross fire from what was said by the others that were banned. (I absolutely love you freck please don’t take this the wrong way) This is why I’m making this appeal

I will apologize for the poor choice of words, but I can’t apologize for something I said that I was punished for without the whole story being put out there. (Again please don’t take this the wrong way it’s just what I honestly feel)

Another note as I’m sure some of you may -1 this appeal for not feeling completely sorry for it

After my ban I was angry and frustrated, two weeks passed before things started to calm down I made a decision one night to make amends with cyan and private message him. I wanted to clear things up and apologize for what I said and explained to him WHY it was said and in that fashion. Again as a poor choice of words. I really wanted to bury the hatchet with him and clear the air because what I said was directed at him. I didn’t try to look for an apology, but I hope one day he would forgive what I had said.

Unfortunately, he didn’t and wouldn’t accept my apology and we talked a while and went our own ways I can at least say I tried to make amends on my own with him, but failed. Later down the road though we had made a discord community in which he actually joined. I was a bit weary, but we both seemed to wanted to leave behind what happened and got along fine.

Cyan if your reading this I want to publicly clarify. I’m sorry for what I said about you. It was not meant in anyway to target you or put you down and I sincerely hope you will forgive me.

(I will not post screenshots of our conversation unless cyan does it himself)

Thank you everyone for reading this. I hope this at least clears up some things that had happened! If I said thing that may seem like I’m trying to start something I sincerely don’t mean to. This is just what I’m feeling

Evidence to support your claims:

All These are Screenshots taken from the Synergy DU General Chat 

In order

1AeIM4-NYEZH30g0TdpvYw-b_tZcb0kVnUQn9pW5IFu8M1bu0NQuHRY5vEikWnmEHAqjqCrEnfCLF2nfjTyZv4LhBiE_-ejqWNVmLYX2Gz6ErcHdQ0ZtUI1lA54XhFllOW-cl9_2

LddYRg3CMNUHlrmOnsefInkSS366aGy-qaMy8pHdyDM_qdl9AzRUw9Vbm2g5rQLxb6awXLBq0IvIMv70N5w7zN6ZR2xQJ8wJKpzykyZF9oSqN5ZL_Xrw6uYOrB4MvNTdM2e7FLP0

XKkz4yGpAgBJbRpZQyZiTJaDxfeBlA6nFhydVs5OPTYA_YZOohcRkK9O-qwO8-pvLSn_fYZtliI4vCFW_l_atyKzcbEVYhsDIO-b1ZbZUkR4Jq429A71V6bY9N5U59jmoE84fC_v

tVa6cuL26v0MQxtY9scTIexISqZQ-q5sRGUPX1B0WcUlViiOcMD0b7EjIryO87Pp1bWUCK8lwRHtOhj9MKqAhum7MnFAwr89DX0ws7qtpD2Vbshil-jnQzaWCCc86NJ0AUBsEnZC

jsGFMxcjV180SGbxElhCepsr1zAbMClQOjRdN2kBil9ptEC4ACYV87Z4WM0-rX8oyDB5xZCDVFdIG19_AvGCg-zBnJcMyXGu3IlX0iTo_uDIjumBtaSW7HouuhM_Km-otEfK3MnB

nGEYj5zmuUGXbvFreby5Ni4c7h1rEYif2EvLYAyBIRkF-a2oL5TbZNt7r0V-6nhOg8Q4eutqHhVIcrFb4arxJmHjZnma5Mh_CLm8JBhgYveCQ_rMv_jU_nIMOQ6pzRHv4IfQpsux

Lwcy05eUNfMQO9OogGZxaE6tWvP0yFM57fB_lZ4IhA4pEVuXVmNoIw08_k-pGBWYEQqpS6c1s-DJBX-sxsazN_-1HAm1ltoTaMU0xmRsn_ghm1oBBzNsA8anx9E4tYYwmNBT6Ujr

sU3F9zFB0LZoC8fY1D-EGFBWc0069y1fMS4CcZ4TbzbfsugRiq0Ye6YK0BeymcLPUKDYigrPVfJ3B4X2v9ydeWO2uEkGt-BJ0qRG3-KvJ4TUUiTmcIttowM6VVDfhgL-beqCyhfs

+1 to this because ninjaman is not only a great person but he helps calm others and figure out situations. he wanted to get to know everyone and caused great outcomes in some scenarios and may have got him in trouble sometimes. But I do think he has changed and the things that happened in my server should have stayed in my server. I wish i could have been in that room to help explain what happened and why that server even existed but I couldn't have. I blame myself for all the people banned cause I invited them to my private twitch streaming discord and it hurts when my friends cant even be on the server to help me with stress or things happening on the server. This guy has been my emotional support backbone from the beginning. He is the reason I stayed on synergy. Please give this man some thought before you throw away an opportunity.

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

+1

This man was dedicated to DU and wanted to see it grow. Unfortunately stuff happened and we are here with this appeal. But this man would come to me, as an admin, and ask for a dupe to help create a sim/activity for him and his troops. He would even ask for other people outside of the battalion to join. 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

I was hoping you'd have the proof for the supposed "out of context" comment taken from the discord, not a pretty ego driven convo in a General chat.

I'm still undecided but I was heavily involved in this along with many others. I know you are  a good guy but is it just a facade to the true you? That remains to be seen. 

I will allow others to comment before coming to my conclusion but comments about enjoying the act of harassing and causing drama, toxicity and generally being an egotistical dick aren't likely to persuade me.

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Screenshot_20200924-123241_Discord.jpg

This was the last message I received from ninjaman, and to put it simply I do still have respect for him. However, he and I both know that what he did was wrong. 

I won't make a judgement yet, but I did know this guy from before the permanent ban, we spoke a lot and I did consider him a friend. 

Ninjaman, should you return I hope you realise that sticking to yourself and not getting involved with drama shows a lot more about your maturity than getting involved and trying to fix it.

British

+1

I was upset when I saw that Ninjaman was one of the people banned from the server when a bunch of people did get banned. I believe people make mistakes and I believe in second chances, so I am going to +1 best of luck.

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

+1, free my man

(Drama is common on this server, pull up your pampers diapers and move on with it, let the dude vibe, he's done nothing nearly severe enough for a permanent ban, even taking prior ban reasons and proof into account, people were just being little piss babies)

Edited by Clank
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

I was brand new to the server when this all happened and never spoke to Ninjaman, but I have spoken to cyan. I will be waiting to hear anything from Cyan about this before I can +1 or -1 it due to the fact I was not exactly informed on the situation.

🌓🌙

1 hour ago, Clank said:

+1, free my man

(Drama is common on this server, pull up your pampers diapers and move on with it, let the dude vibe, he's done nothing nearly severe enough for a permanent ban, even taking prior ban reasons and proof into account, people were just being little piss babies)

Like many of your other posts, this one also makes you sound dumb.. I'm convinced you're so ignorant that you think you can just disrespect people and call them "piss babies" despite probably not knowing half of the situation.

If you wanna be cool, gather the evidence and word things in a more professional manner... #LifeHack

Your opinion matters, but not when you word it inappropriately

• Agree 10

British

13 minutes ago, Freck said:

Like many of your other posts, this one also makes you sound dumb.. I'm convinced you're so ignorant that you think you can just disrespect people and call them "piss babies" despite probably not knowing half of the situation.

If you wanna be cool, gather the evidence and word things in a more professional manner... #LifeHack

Your opinion matters, but not when you word it inappropriately

The people in the situation handled it poorly and a lot of them were being piss babies. Unlike half of the people here, Im not about to suck off the "popular" players and act like everything they did was in the right. I've talked to Rohan myself and others and heard both sides, Im well informed on the issue, and honestly believe people are being piss babies.

Edit: Even though you're being a piss baby too, I still love you freck 😔

Edited by Clank
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2
31 minutes ago, Clank said:

The people in the situation handled it poorly and a lot of them were being piss babies. Unlike half of the people here, Im not about to suck off the "popular" players and act like everything they did was in the right. I've talked to Rohan myself and others and heard both sides, Im well informed on the issue, and honestly believe people are being piss babies.

Could you give me a run down of this situation I am not informed

Banned

This is an easy +1 

Edited by Jaydon
53 minutes ago, Clank said:

I'd like to say I handled the situation quite well actually, I mean hey I could have placed them on a "perm ban no appeal", but we wanted them to appeal so the community would then get the vote. 

Not many people understand the toll it takes on those who are "the higher ups" or what you refer to as "piss babies" when dealing with these issues. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 2

British

I'm sorry, it's a -1 from me.

You resigned shortly after not getting Doom, were constantly in the middle of DU issues that didn't need you involved and honestly, I don't trust you. I don't believe that you weren't trying to cause trouble. Certainly not trying to stop it at least, within DU. Situations always seemed to escalate and just become sour when I had heard you were involved. 

While I can agree with people and we all can be "shit heads". Targeting or working with people targeting someone who you claimed to have been a friend isn't something I want here.

You were heavily involved with the others and never once tried to reach out and help the DU HC at the time to prevent it.  

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Doom x1 | Brimstone x1 | Acid x1 | Mas Amedda x1 | Padme x1

1 hour ago, OneClick said:

I'm sorry, it's a -1 from me.

You resigned shortly after not getting Doom, were constantly in the middle of DU issues that didn't need you involved and honestly, I don't trust you. I don't believe that you weren't trying to cause trouble. Certainly not trying to stop it at least, within DU. Situations always seemed to escalate and just become sour when I had heard you were involved. 

While I can agree with people and we all can be "shit heads". Targeting or working with people targeting someone who you claimed to have been a friend isn't something I want here.

You were heavily involved with the others and never once tried to reach out and help the DU HC at the time to prevent it.  

-1 not only after not getting doom and leaving due to IRL issues Owen allowed you to stay  and gave you a tag which allowed you to be an advisor and you took full advantage of the tag, hence why I had it removed, not only did you leak chats or officer and senior officer you most likely did the same thing for commander chat. 

Personaly I knew about this “coup” about 2.5 months before you were all banned and tried to get ahead of the situation as best as I could during my time as RCMD. I put my best effort forth to help further communication, collaboration, and togetherness in the battalion and you made it your goal to do the opposite, not bribing things forth when people came to you. Trying to stay involved when you had left and “was to busy IRL” to be a commander. Yet when asked for names “they want to remain un named” only further attempting to cause a divide in DU between command and its members. While we actively attempted to make things better. 

I can whole heartily say that as one grown man to another I may dislike people on the server but I would never sit and talk shit and mess with a kids emotional state like you and the rest of your goons did, it is disgusting and immoral, you went out of your way to attempt to ruin someone’s escape from reality by causing more drama than he was going through at the time personally and that has never been tolerated here and I hope it will never.

Edited by Dennis
spelling cuz im dent
  • Agree 10
  • Disagree 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Forum Admin

-1 reasons stated by dennis

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

*sigh*

Uh hi, It's Cyan. I have seen this post. 

I'm about to take a hiatus from GMOD and discord, but I'll put this out here in the forums before I leave.

To start, I'm not going to -1 or +1 (if that really matters for ban appeals). I think that the general mass of Synergy and high staff will be able to make the right call here. 

1) Ninjaman's ban was a direct response from malicious actions towards a member of the community (who was then demoted from all his positions and is now at 2ndLT, thanks buddy). His actions were not a "one time slip up", it was a result of weeks of planning and talking it out. Thus, premeditated and specific targeting.

2) Like I said in our PMs together, I personally don't forgive you for your actions. You can critique me all you want, which it is your right to, however I don't think anyone should forgive targeting, toxicity, and drama for the sake of...power? Relevancy? Greed?

3) Ever since you left DU, your actions have directly harmed the battalion, and virtually all you did was gaslight a precarious situation, which would lead to your eventual ban. If you did happen to get unbanned, your first destination would likely be DU, which is a prospect I don't think would help DU. 

4) You're the XO of the 501st in 7N, I highly doubt your capacity to actually play on Synergy, much less show the community that youve changed. 

This is not a -1 nor a +1. For anyone that read, use this information (or don't) to decide what you want to respond with.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 2
  • Friendly 2

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Before actually getting into this, some of you need to actually read his appeal before responding to it. I see countless posts -1 him for his actions within DU. When he clearly stated that this is about him as a person, and him as a part of the community and not his actions within Dooms Unit. 

A lot of people in this forum post have been pointing out Ninjaman's flaws instead of his achievements. I know most people on this forum post pretty well and I don't like to point fingers so there will be no names said. He has received a lot of -1s and I disagree. He believed that this community cannot give constructive criticism towards high staff. He was doing something along with a few other people that tried to point out the flaws in this community and make people realize what they weren't able to realize. I knew Ninjaman for a while on this server until he was banned, but he was someone that I would consider a friend and therefore I kept in touch and played on another gmod server with him at the same time as playing on this one. He is an awesome guy that sometimes lets words get the best of him. It would be amazing to see him back in the Synergy community and I hope people can agree with me on this. He has realized his mistakes and he is asking for another chance. He obviously cares very much about synergy as he probably took hours to write out this appeal just to attempt to get unbanned. 

+1

I know I don't really play anymore but I gotta +1 this. This ban was complete BS anyway, Ninja didn't leave just because of not getting doom, he had more important issues thanks to IRL stuff as everyone has. In fact Owen knows FULL well how upset ninja was when he had to leave to the point he was almost crying and was choking on his own words. He didn't want to leave and explained he would be around but not in game. He offered to help and Owen accepted his help. Not only that but Owen/Doom had given Ninja the tag after Ninja joked about it. Ninja worked his ass off, Ninja tried helping. He did EVERYTHING in his power to help. He was given a role within DU to help take care of issues within the battalion and he did that. He worked his ass off to make DU better because so many rules were being broken and no one in DU HC was cracking down on it. The tag btw was an agreement between Ninja and Owen and the ONLY reason his tag was taken away was because he recieved a video and brought it up when the video showed a bunch of DU including Dennis being minges. Not only that but Dennis has a terrible track record as a minge. Those who played BH on anaxes will remember his crusades which happened most of the time for no reason. As far as the accusation of him leaking information is false as most of his conversations involved DMs. In short Ninja did nothing wrong, the tag was given by owen from a joke, ninja did what he was supposed to as an advisor. His ban is bs and something that shouldn't even have happened. 

PS ALL of the conversations that were used as evidence were either DMs or things said in a separate non synergy discord. 

PSS For what Cyan said, First off no Ninja is not XO in 7DN, and even if he was whats wrong with him talking to old friends. He's making a ban appeal because the ban was bs. Doesn't mean he's coming back to gmod, it just means he doesn't wanna be banned from the community. 

Edited by awesomekiller
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
1 minute ago, awesomekiller said:

I know I don't really play anymore but I gotta +1 this. This ban was complete BS anyway, Ninja didn't leave just because of not getting doom, he had more important issues thanks to IRL stuff as everyone has. In fact Owen knows FULL well how upset ninja was when he had to leave to the point he was almost crying and was choking on his own words. He didn't want to leave and explained he would be around but not in game. He offered to help and Owen accepted his help. Not only that but Owen/Doom had given Ninja the tag after Ninja joked about it. Ninja worked his ass off, Ninja tried helping. He did EVERYTHING in his power to help. He was given a role within DU to help take care of issues within the battalion and he did that. He worked his ass off to make DU better because so many rules were being broken and no one in DU HC was cracking down on it. The tag btw was an agreement between Ninja and Owen and the ONLY reason his tag was taken away was because he recieved a video and brought it up when the video showed a bunch of DU including Dennis being minges. Not only that but Dennis has a terrible track record as a minge. Those who played BH on anaxes will remember his crusades which happened most of the time for no reason. As far as the accusation of him leaking information is false as most of his conversations involved DMs. In short Ninja did nothing wrong, the tag was given by owen from a joke, ninja did what he was supposed to as an advisor. His ban is bs and something that shouldn't even have happened. 

PS ALL of the conversations that were used as evidence were either DMs or things said in a separate non synergy discord. 

I completely agree with this, people have taken out of context information and used against him.If anyone has broken rules it would be other members of the community, they took private messages or messages from non synergy related discords and used it to make him look bad. I don't appreciate what they did, and I dont think most people would if they knew the whole story. 

5 minutes ago, TopGunz9 said:

Before actually getting into this, some of you need to actually read his appeal before responding to it. I see countless posts -1 him for his actions within DU. When he clearly stated that this is about him as a person, and him as a part of the community and not his actions within Dooms Unit. 

His actions effected DU. He was personally involved with DU and members within it. How can you not include those actions within a choice?

-1 Reasons Stated by Dennis

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

6 minutes ago, OneClick said:

His actions effected DU. He was personally involved with DU and members within it. How can you not include those actions within a choice?

I didn't say to completely disregard those actions, I said that everyone hating on him due to these "actions" should not just take one persons word for it. A lot of people on this forum are not giving their true opinion and are following what others have been saying. I believe awesomekiller is Levii, and he does an amazing job of summing up what others did to him. He was given an oppurtunity to still help out DU after having lots of IRL issues and things that he wish he could fix. He didn't want to leave synergy since he had been a part of it for such a long time. 

Edited by TopGunz9
8 minutes ago, OneClick said:

His actions were to further the betterment of DU. You can't deny that he took steps towards the betterment of the battalion while the HC and officers did little to nothing. When I had problems with your DU breaking rules anything I said was ignored unless I brought it to Ninja when he forced you to take care of it. Your battalion has been the mingiest on the server. During my time as CG if I was not arresting a CT it was 9 times out of 10 a DU. Ninja was the only reason any rules were enforced. 

Edited by awesomekiller
  • Agree 2
32 minutes ago, awesomekiller said:

His actions were to further the betterment of DU. You can't deny that he took steps towards the betterment of the battalion while the HC and officers did little to nothing. When I had problems with your DU breaking rules anything I said was ignored unless I brought it to Ninja when he forced you to take care of it. Your battalion has been the mingiest on the server. During my time as CG if I was not arresting a CT it was 9 times out of 10 a DU. Ninja was the only reason any rules were enforced. 

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I took care of many situations during my term as Doom and the majority of them were never brought up to me by Ninjaman. As I said before, most situations I ever encountered that did involve him always became escalated. 

Edited by OneClick

2 hours ago, awesomekiller said:

The tag btw was an agreement between Ninja and Owen and the ONLY reason his tag was taken away was because he recieved a video and brought it up when the video showed a bunch of DU including Dennis being minges. Not only that but Dennis has a terrible track record as a minge. Those who played BH on anaxes will remember his crusades which happened most of the time for no reason.

"DeNnIs iMiNgE"     hqdefault.jpg

But first of all Ninjamans actions reflect on himself and who he is as a person. If you call in sick to work and you post to social media of you parting and you get fired you can't say, oh that doesn't reflect me, those actions do reflect you and you should be punished accordingly. Ninjaman was not given the tag as a joke otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Situations have to be brought to people for them to understand and deal with them, you can't say "well did you deal with that thing i told him about" and expect a oh yea that thing i was never told about yea totally took care of it. 

1 hour ago, awesomekiller said:

His actions were to further the betterment of DU. You can't deny that he took steps towards the betterment of the battalion while the HC and officers did little to nothing. When I had problems with your DU breaking rules anything I said was ignored unless I brought it to Ninja when he forced you to take care of it. Your battalion has been the mingiest on the server. During my time as CG if I was not arresting a CT it was 9 times out of 10 a DU

Nothing was ever brought to myself or Owens attention from you. If a CG brought something to me i asked about the situation. Ninja never forced owen to do anything, it was ninjamans job's as the discipline commander to deal with that sort of thing. Bruh a minge is a minge they come in all colors blue,orange,green saying "I oNly ArReStEd Du" is some fucking cap bullshit dog you are straight out of you mind just like the time you use a racial slur in game to tell someone to stop signing in another language. Saying someone's actions at another place doesn't matter to who they are is dumb, my parents always told me your actions reflect who you are as a person, and just one note on the minge thing, i play this GAME to have fun and if the stick in your ass doesn't allow you to do that then so be it. Also the village thing is cap as well i only raided the village 4 times in my 4 and a half months as reg only when proved or attacked by bounty hunters. So go take you woah is me somewhere else. 

• Funny 4

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Retitle this topic to either DU vs Ninjaman or DU Drama Episode 4 or 5. I lost count. 

Granted I could easily have this comment remove for just saying that but its true as F*** (Love you @Carvis)

14 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Ninja never forced owen to do anything, it was ninjamans job's as the discipline commander to deal with that sort of thing. 

^^^^^ THIS IS WHAT NINJAMAN DID!

He did his job to do discipline to troopers in DU that were minging around, under everyone's terms that he was in. And he would go to you about it. You @Denniswere probably busy and left it on the back burner like everything else you did while being spec reg. Except for the few cases of Fail RP, one time you were arrested. However this isn't about you. So hide behind a monitor and say you're an adult for what ever makes you sleep at night. 

The reason I am bringing this entire thing up now is because when @Woenymade the post about the 5 DU being banned, almost everyone commented they are taking this "GAME" too seriously , when people here are being hypocrites. Yes you have your opinions sure, but don't say you have your opinion by just following someone else. 

To further move on with the episode of "What's drama is happening on Synergy today?" Show. 

1 hour ago, TopGunz9 said:

people have taken out of context information and used against him. If anyone has broken rules it would be other members of the community, they took private messages or messages from non synergy related discords and used it to make him look bad. I don't appreciate what they did, and I dont think most people would if they knew the whole story. 

^^^^ This is what happened. People took messages from outside Synergy discord's and used it as "Evidence." Fuck one of the screenshots used against him was from a friends streaming discord. A place where he felt safe to say something along the lines of "Hey I know I got banned from synergy, can we not bring it up it in."

I feel that if we want Synergy to thrive, we need people to be in it. Yes some people who are banned full heartily deserved it, RIP my brother, however for what happened to Ninjaman was completely wrong and only was given out to stop "drama" when in reality it split the community in two. People who know Ninjaman was a good trooper and Commander of DU, and DU. 

Forum suggestion time: Remove DU and bring back the 91st/327th

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

-- Kurt (Former Late Night admin)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, Kurt said:

This is what happened. People took messages from outside Synergy discord's and used it as "Evidence." Fuck one of the screenshots used against him was from a friends streaming discord. A place where he felt safe to say something along the lines of "Hey I know I got banned from synergy, can we not bring it up it in."

If your boss finds out via social media, friend, family or co worker that you ditched, stole or caused harm to your job in any way. You'd be fired if not worse depending on the situation. To argue that these came from a none synergy related discord is irreverent. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, OneClick said:

If your boss finds out via social media, friend, family or co worker that you ditched, stole or caused harm to your job in any way. You'd be fired if not worse depending on the situation. To argue that these came from a none synergy related discord is irreverent. 

This isn't a job. This is a game. Plus you didn't read or can't understand the second part that paragraph. Where he said he wanted to be done with Synergy anything. He wasn't harming Synergy, he just didn't want to hear anything about it. 

Edited by Kurt
  • Agree 1

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, TopGunz9 said:

I completely agree with this, people have taken out of context information and used against him.If anyone has broken rules it would be other members of the community, they took private messages or messages from non synergy related discords and used it to make him look bad. I don't appreciate what they did, and I dont think most people would if they knew the whole story. 

I'm going to reply to this to give you some context here.

If you kill someone in Mexico, then hop over the border to Texas, does that mean you can't be held to the fact you killed someone?

If you make a post on Social Media telling your classmate to kill themselves and actively bully them, that it doesn't get held against you at school because it's in a different place?

If people are actively plotting against someone or harassing them, it doesn't matter where it is, they will be removed from the community until they understand they were a part of something that was wrong and can look towards improvement.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 6

I talked to Ninja in a discord call about this, and he cleared up some things and for that he has my support. He also said that he will not be coming back full time. "I don't know maybe I'll just hang out on my CT or on a bounty hunter. I also miss talking to some of the people in TS so I'd like to just hang out in there as well." -Ninjaman 

+1

Just to clear something up, at first I was going to remain neutral on this then decided to give him my +1 after talking to him for a bit. 

Edited by Diplo
added something

:gasp:

+1 deserves a second chance. people obviously were "actively plotting against" ninjaman with the posts that were brought to light when this all went down. Give him a chance to improve or show us otherwise. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

• Retired Founder
29 minutes ago, Baelfire said:

+1 deserves a second chance. people obviously were "actively plotting against" ninjaman with the posts that were brought to light when this all went down. Give him a chance to improve or show us otherwise. 

The reason I disagreed your post is because it was factually incorrect.

I was invited into the Discord in which this all happened in and took the screenshots myself after seeing the messages, there was no plotting against Ninjaman at all. However, I agree that Ninjaman should be allowed another chance in the community as he has acknowledged his wrongdoing and apologised.

• Agree 5

*sigh*

I really didn't want this to happen in the slightest . First off, Thank you @Forseen for giving me the chance and opportunity to come in here and make a statement.

I apologize for all the staff and fourm mods that had to overlook this entire post because of how bad the arguments got. 

I want to thank everyone who did +1 my appeal and willing to have faith in my words and I'm sorry for all those who -1 it I left a disclaimer in the appeal to help divert and avoid something like this happen. I was contacted and given the chance to post 1 message here to help give some clarification and answer a few questions. Out of respect for forseen I will not attempt to attack or call out anyone who have said some things that lead to some of these arguments.

Now for some Clarification.

1. There was a massive reason I had made the disclaimer, because unfortunately I was heavily involved in some "things" that were involved with the other banned members, but thats also why I was making it revolved around what I had personally said as i can't control what other people would say. I WILL not go further into this because I want to move past everything that happened hence making this attempt at a ban appeal. I will own up to my mistakes and what I said and I thoroughly apologized and tried to make the attempts to "bury the hatchet" as the saying goes. I threw mine down first I just hope everyone else will.

2. In response to @TheCyan, I'm very happy you did read the appeal and did respond to it. I will never expect you to accept my apology. I just wanted to own up to what I did and make that attempt to repairing it. I'm sorry for how you feel yet I must also state that you can't purely blame everything that did happen to you on the server on us. The reason behind that is because yes there were complaints about you, but there was NEVER an attempt from MYSELF to maliciously target you in anyway. I didn't agree with everything you did and how you handled certain situations and there were multiple occasions I never ever hated you or disliked you to the point I said to myself "how can I fuck with cyan today" or "man I can't wait to mess with cyan today" There was not ONCE that thought other than that moment and only due to the fact we were bantering with each other and poking jokes at each other. Hence the screenshots i initially provided. I MYSELF was to trying to target you or maliciously mentally harm you.

Again I apologize and I hope to bury this flaming hatchet.

3. This ban appeal is because I am COMMUNITY banned. I am looking to be unbanned from the community as a whole. Some of you do seem to be assuming I intend to completely come back to the server. I met many many amazing people from this community and have played it for a long time. It's something I put my heart into and thoroughly enjoyed coming home from work and jumping on at night. I'm aware that is many of us that are like that and thats something I appreciate from the community. 

Let it be known right here and now. If being unbanned is possible I will closely watch what I do say and make sure to not let it happen again. 

Another thing, Since I am making a ban appeal my intention is to just be able to be apart of the community again, but this does not mean I will come back to Gmod  and play the server as I once did. I DON'T intend to try and join DU again as I have scars now from it. (for those who were worried i try and comeback to it) Honestly, I wouldn't even know what to do in the server anymore. I plan at the very least to visit the server and either roll around as a CT or a BH. I just want to be able to talk with people and enjoy the community in other ways.

4. After this message I will be re banned until this is either passed or denied. I won't be able to answer serious questions to anything If you really want to find out more or do want one of your questions answered you can contact me at 40Ninjaman#2520

Please I do ask each of you to be civil in here I know this ban was a very big deal, but I've already made amends with @Freck himself and hold nothing against the man for what happened even if there was disagreements. Those who support me please don't argue with those who don't this senseless fighting and bickering isn't worth some guy who said the wrong thing. Those who don't support me say your piece and try and leave it at that. 

It's all I ask I shouldn't be getting a request to make a statement because of all the fighting going on over me. I made a mistake like most human beings and I'm paying for it. I just want to fix it and move on from what happened.

I'm sorry again all the staff that had to read everything in here.

Thank you everyone of you for this time in the community whether this passes or not I never meant to harm anyone in anyway.

@Forseen Time to re ban me

Peace Disappear GIFs | Tenor

• Friendly 13
4 hours ago, 40Ninjaman said:

It’s okay, it was a good brain workout for this morning. 

Here’s what I have come to, usually I’d -1 these type of ban appeals because I think toxicity and bullying in its own is personally worse then exploiting the game itself. But Ninjaman, you seem like you really just want to wrap up everything and are passionate about coming back to the community; and I’m glad you could find a family here. I am going to +1 this I’m just going to say this now, you know the rules and if you slip up you’ll just get fucking smacked back into the ground with no appeal, and if that happens then you would have made me look like a fool, an absolute baboon. So for the love of god in the event of your unbanning just amend with everyone and don’t cause more shit even if it is satire.

TLDR: +1

• Agree 3

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

-1 people who are activly toxic to players on the server and try to mentally hurt people and break them down on purpous is disgusting and should stay away from the community.... I changed my mind from +1 to a -1 and its not gonna change. 

instead of dumbing a comment how about try and make a counter agrument..... Unless you dont have anything to say in defence. 

Edited by Arizona
Changed my opinion

From what I've read the banned person actively gaslit and was an extremely toxic person to Cyan. There is no need to have someone like this in the community after what he did to members of the community. Cyan is a teenager on the younger side. This member targeted and harassed a younger member of the community, was purposely toxic and cruel to him, and got Cyan demoted from CMD for no real reason. His "evidence" just seems like a ego fueled conversation and it proves to me that you're unfit for the community. Dumb me or call me a piss baby or whatever you boomers are doing to anyone who -1s, I really couldn't care.

The fact that he was cruel and toxic and a dick to a younger teen and a younger member of the community for no real reason solidifies my -1. Fuck people who do that. Being talked down to due to your age is the worst feeling and if you do it I really dislike you. Age is not a measure of ability nor of intelligence when it comes to the server and you should not treat younger people like children.

not cool bro... stay gone I think

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2
  • Friendly 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

ive gone back and forth in my head while reading these replies. Im really tempted to -1 and call it a day. i think what you did was disgusting and immature. however ive settled on a +1 with the knowledge that if you fuck up again we can just slap a perma no appeal on you and thatll be the end of it. 

• Agree 1

I can understand that he abused his power in DU like dennis said, after looking at everything he owned up to what he did and he apologized, I think he should be allowed back but should be on thin ice. +1 for now,

Edit: After thinking about this I think this should be determined by the people he was bullying, im still gonna stick with my +1 since I think he has the possibility to change ,

Edited by Nova_

+1 His ban appeal seems to be genuine, and if he continues to behave poorly the worst case scenario is he gets banned again. 

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

I will +1 just because he does seem genuinely sorry even from his response given. He can be rebanned if he messes up and I don't really see anything significant enough to say he absolutely needs to stay banned. People have been accepted for appeals for much worse.

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

10 hours ago, TheCyan said:

Oh I see, 7N is down for the time being, so he wants to get unbanned to play on Synergy, and then leave once 7N is back. Nice one buddy.

If Seven-Nine doesn't want you, I don't either. Personally think you're a toxic individual who I don't want to see return.

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

2 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

Oh I see, 7N is down for the time being, so he wants to get unbanned to play on Synergy, and then leave once 7N is back. Nice one buddy.

How exactly do you know SevenDays Networks is down? Ninja doesnt even play Gmod anymore, he hardly gets on even when he gets off work at midnight his time. I play EFT with him every other day when he gets off. And to whoever is saying that SevenDAys doesnt want him, thats wrong, we all enjoy him and like having him around as a member and a friend. Again Cyan, how are you getting this information about Sevendays because everything you have stated about it is absolutely wrong and i can confirm it because im the director for that server. 

• Funny 1
  • Informative 1

+1, I'm not going to comment on much as I know the amount of drama this thread alone will bring but, I believe that Ninjaman should still be given a second chance, however, his return will be very problematic and will always have drama behind it. I do believe that regardless of this fact if he is accepted high staff keep an eye on him. I have talked a lot with Ninjaman on this topic and I'm going to give a very on the fence answer. Yes I am +1'ing, no I don't give a shit if you have any comments or rants against this. 

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

6 hours ago, Shockpoint said:

If Seven-Nine doesn't want you, I don't either.

Clearly you didn't read what Ninja said 

20 hours ago, 40Ninjaman said:

*sigh*

I really didn't want this to happen in the slightest . First off, Thank you @Forseen for giving me the chance and opportunity to come in here and make a statement.

I apologize for all the staff and fourm mods that had to overlook this entire post because of how bad the arguments got. 

I want to thank everyone who did +1 my appeal and willing to have faith in my words and I'm sorry for all those who -1 it I left a disclaimer in the appeal to help divert and avoid something like this happen. I was contacted and given the chance to post 1 message here to help give some clarification and answer a few questions. Out of respect for forseen I will not attempt to attack or call out anyone who have said some things that lead to some of these arguments.

Now for some Clarification.

1. There was a massive reason I had made the disclaimer, because unfortunately I was heavily involved in some "things" that were involved with the other banned members, but thats also why I was making it revolved around what I had personally said as i can't control what other people would say. I WILL not go further into this because I want to move past everything that happened hence making this attempt at a ban appeal. I will own up to my mistakes and what I said and I thoroughly apologized and tried to make the attempts to "bury the hatchet" as the saying goes. I threw mine down first I just hope everyone else will.

2. In response to @TheCyan, I'm very happy you did read the appeal and did respond to it. I will never expect you to accept my apology. I just wanted to own up to what I did and make that attempt to repairing it. I'm sorry for how you feel yet I must also state that you can't purely blame everything that did happen to you on the server on us. The reason behind that is because yes there were complaints about you, but there was NEVER an attempt from MYSELF to maliciously target you in anyway. I didn't agree with everything you did and how you handled certain situations and there were multiple occasions I never ever hated you or disliked you to the point I said to myself "how can I fuck with cyan today" or "man I can't wait to mess with cyan today" There was not ONCE that thought other than that moment and only due to the fact we were bantering with each other and poking jokes at each other. Hence the screenshots i initially provided. I MYSELF was to trying to target you or maliciously mentally harm you.

Again I apologize and I hope to bury this flaming hatchet.

3. This ban appeal is because I am COMMUNITY banned. I am looking to be unbanned from the community as a whole. Some of you do seem to be assuming I intend to completely come back to the server. I met many many amazing people from this community and have played it for a long time. It's something I put my heart into and thoroughly enjoyed coming home from work and jumping on at night. I'm aware that is many of us that are like that and thats something I appreciate from the community. 

Let it be known right here and now. If being unbanned is possible I will closely watch what I do say and make sure to not let it happen again. 

Another thing, Since I am making a ban appeal my intention is to just be able to be apart of the community again, but this does not mean I will come back to Gmod  and play the server as I once did. I DON'T intend to try and join DU again as I have scars now from it. (for those who were worried i try and comeback to it) Honestly, I wouldn't even know what to do in the server anymore. I plan at the very least to visit the server and either roll around as a CT or a BH. I just want to be able to talk with people and enjoy the community in other ways.

4. After this message I will be re banned until this is either passed or denied. I won't be able to answer serious questions to anything If you really want to find out more or do want one of your questions answered you can contact me at 40Ninjaman#2520

Please I do ask each of you to be civil in here I know this ban was a very big deal, but I've already made amends with @Freck himself and hold nothing against the man for what happened even if there was disagreements. Those who support me please don't argue with those who don't this senseless fighting and bickering isn't worth some guy who said the wrong thing. Those who don't support me say your piece and try and leave it at that. 

It's all I ask I shouldn't be getting a request to make a statement because of all the fighting going on over me. I made a mistake like most human beings and I'm paying for it. I just want to fix it and move on from what happened.

Thank you everyone of you for this time in the community whether this passes or not I never meant to harm anyone in anyway.

@Forseen Time to re ban me

Peace Disappear GIFs | Tenor

:gasp:

Honestly, I do not know you, But from reading your appeal and gathering my own opinion. Removing all of the "Fluff" in your post, at the very end of the day. You went out of your way to harm someone in the community. It has only been a few weeks, and you claim you learned your lesson, and while I agree people deserve second chances, going out of the way to harm someone on the internet is cyber bullying and people with less problems have ended their lives over bullying. So as someone who defended against bully's in school, and served to defend the defenseless for my country. I cannot in good conscience agree with allowing you to come back because what you did is evil, and there is no way you have learned how what you did is wrong in a few weeks and understand the ramifications of what you did. -1 man, I truly hope you learn the severity of what could have happened due to your actions.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, Kurt said:

+1

This man was dedicated to DU and wanted to see it grow. Unfortunately stuff happened and we are here with this appeal. But this man would come to me, as an admin, and ask for a dupe to help create a sim/activity for him and his troops. He would even ask for other people outside of the battalion to join. 

This is the stupid af that makes 0 sense to the topic on what he did. He mentally attacked Cyan and got him removed from his CMD position for BS reasons. He tormented this kid and tried to fuck him up in the server and all u can is that he was a good guy cuz he asked for other people to join the battalion...??? :dumb: 

+1 I don't know the entire story surrounding his ban, but what I do know is that throughout all of my experience on the server, Ninjaman has been one of the most awesome and helpful, and most dedicated people I have had the pleasure of being around. He was an incredible addition to DU and put so much effort into the battalion, much more than most anyone I've seen

1 minute ago, Tarvos said:

+1 I don't know the entire story surrounding his ban, but what I do know is that throughout all of my experience on the server, Ninjaman has been one of the most awesome and helpful, and most dedicated people I have had the pleasure of being around. He was an incredible addition to DU and put so much effort into the battalion, much more than most anyone I've seen

The story is that he mentally fucking with a younger member in the community and tried to fuck up his time in synergy and litteraly said "i enjoy metally degrading cyan"something around thoes lines and he said it in discord messages.and sabatoged his time during commander. 

40 minutes ago, Arizona said:

The story is that he mentally fucking with a younger member in the community and tried to fuck up his time in synergy and litteraly said "i enjoy metally degrading cyan" something around thoes lines and he said it in discord messages .and sabatoged his time during commander. 

This clearly shows you didnt read anything he said. It is in the first screenshot you take that quote of him and twist it around in your own words. The screenshot LITERALY says " I love beating Cyans Ego down". Go ahead and reread that and read it again once more while your at it because he didnt say " I enjoy mentally degrading cyan". This is a quote from Ninja himself in my DMs, i have asked for his permission to post it here as well, "cyan was removed TWICE as a CMD. once at the beginning of owens term after messing up multiple times. and the 2nd time after our bans where the other members of DU HC called some of the things he did dumb and were looking at removing him as a CMD because he still wasnt ready. That's something that would need to be spoken about to Dennis and owen as it was their decision to remove him. Clearly owen and dennis were already against us so how is something we supposedly plotted got him removed? we didnt make that decision for them or force them to do anything as they clearly stated that we couldn't force their hand. His removal and CMD twice was due to the decisions made by owen and dennis to remove him and because of cyan's own actions and decisions that lead to him being removed". Also in ALL of the screenshots, cyans age was NEVER brought up. Ninja already stated that they had a friend history and that they would playfully banter between each other, so you sayting that "he mentally fucking with a younger member" is you trying to use cyans age to back you up when it has NOTHING to do with the damn situation. You have said that he sabotaged his time during commander yet in the quote from ninja, he was removed from CMD for his own actions and the decision was COMPLETELY owen and Dennis's. If your going to attack people during a post or ban appeal, you  should take the time to make sure things are on your side and as correct as possible before posting. I would also like to say that sometimes it can take an hour for something to sink in after it happens and people can learn from their mistakes very quickly and sometimes it takes years to learn from. From all the conversations ive had with ninja from the first time meeting him to how he is now, i can truly see that he has started to change and grow off of what happened so please dont say he hasnt learned from his mistake because its only been a month since the ban happened.

3 hours ago, Arizona said:

This is the stupid af that makes 0 sense to the topic on what he did. He mentally attacked Cyan and got him removed from his CMD position for BS reasons. He tormented this kid and tried to fuck him up in the server and all u can is that he was a good guy cuz he asked for other people to join the battalion...??? :dumb: 

I am going to refrain from anymore comments on this thread. I feel you don’t know the whole situation. And Grum basically summed it up for me. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Peace said:

-1 bullying someone they're "below you on the social hierarchy", when we're all playing a star wars gmod server. You're a bully straight up. You shouldn't be here anymore.

Technically that wasn't Mr. Ninja

Bullying is bad

Edited by TheCyan
  • Informative 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

(For those who want the TLDR scroll to the bottom) (I don't vote nuetral due to it not being beneficial in terms of the discussion, being undecided means you haven't done your research or you're waiting for more evidence to make a decision;  which no one needs or will care to read your post to figure that out, which is why I waited until i believe everyone stated their piece and proclaimed their evidence, but don't react to this post without reading the content, alot of this post is to not put ninjaman down it's to help him understand and walk him through in detail how someone who has dealt with 100's if not 1000's of ban appeals just like this one see's this and what he should do in addition to what he has done as well to point out things that just don't add up yet.)

Your date of ban was " 8/5/2020" basically tells me you've only been gone for 53 days as of my post.
(That's not alot of time for a Community Ban in my experience, this would be the shortest one I've seen)

Your ban was for "Targeted a member of the community in order to harass and create a toxic environment, in an attempt to gain evidence against him. / toxicity" which is just wrong in general to treat people like that. I get it you messed up,  and you didn't realize that until after you were banned. "Shocking" 

You apologized and that's a good start, you're making progress towards reforming the bridges you destroyed before you were banned. 

You state that "This will not involve what happened in DU" but essentially that DU is involved in why you were banned correct? You harrassed a member of DU whom you worked with closely as you state (Both of you in DU). Another issue here is that you claim that what you did to this person was in good fun and they knew about? Yet you have others saying you had a discord full of goons to initially plot against DU High Command & then picked Cyan out of the bunch to target for a power coup of DU. So what was it fun banter or a power coup. did it involve DU or not?

"The quotes that were said was after one of our more heated banter moments. I will admit without context the quotes that are said sound bad. I won’t deny that, but what I will say was that this was said within a discord server that was a friend’s and not affiliated with synergy (even though synergy members were in there and I also understand Directors can use other discords if they involve something) What was said in there wasn’t to leave there as to not cause issues in the server. The screenshots that will be provided are also the same exact screenshots I had aslo provided as context within that server."

Your statement taken directly from your ban appeal regarding the other discord server. I mean you bring the fact of the discord not being synergy based & understanding that even though it isnt it can be used for evidence. That's good that means you don't need someone to explain to you that just because someone plans an Attack on the US from Brazil doesn't mean it can't be used as evidence against them for said attack. You also mention "The screenshots that will be provided are also the same exact screenshots I had aslo provided as context within that server." but the Screenshots that were provided were from the DU general chat. which leaves me to wonder why are the screenshots of the total conversations left out? Is he trying tot hide something? Is the statement you made "The quotes that were said was after one of our more heated banter moments. I will admit without context the quotes that are said sound bad." just to try and play down the 2 statements you provided for your reason of ban & that with context they would even further imply your actions against this young individual? Would they have cleared your name & if so if it would've benefited you in terms of your ban appeal why not post them. Screenshots as hard undeniable evidence would benefit you so much in a ban appeal because regardless of how someone feels towards you facts don't care about their opinion of you. But withholding or being unable to provided these screenshots that you mentioned you would provide to me shows that either they wouldn't benefit in your appeal, you didn't take the proper time to compile your appeal, or maybe you don't have access to that server anymore, but you did state it was a friend's server and that means you could easily just be reinvited unless they deleted it in retaliation of also being banned from the community.

To take a few statements from Cyan the young man that you were banned for harrassing stated in his post

"1) Ninjaman's ban was a direct response from malicious actions towards a member of the community (who was then demoted from all his positions and is now at 2ndLT, thanks buddy). His actions were not a "one time slip up", it was a result of weeks of planning and talking it out. Thus, premeditated and specific targeting." 

Right so i understand this is gmod but understand that if you take time to plan and target an individual for weeks at a time for any reason shows that you knoew what you were doing and thought it would benefit you in the best way possible.

"2) Like I said in our PMs together, I personally don't forgive you for your actions. You can critique me all you want, which it is your right to, however I don't think anyone should forgive targeting, toxicity, and drama for the sake of...power? Relevancy? Greed?"

Do i agree that he doesn't give you a formal notice of forgiveness no, I believe in forgiving those that have wronged and mistreated myself regardless of how bad it was. That amount of built of anger or distain for a person is wearing and hurts an individual a lot, it also can affect a young individual in many ways for a good portion of their life. But this is the consequences of your actions regardless of how you want to say you meant them you mentaly and verbally harrased and abused an individual for personal gain & not even 2 months later come back saying I understand what I did wrong I've changed. I'm sorry I don't buy it It takes time to change on a personal level that is something I believe others here regardless if they can agree with my stance on this can agree on that change in your character takes time. I know you've gone to the staff that did your ban and cyan the target that you made and decided to harass and attempt to rebuild broke bridges but your decision had fall out & others who care about cyan were also hurt due to your decisions. I don't see that you reached to an of them. I know you state that you don't want this to involve DU but the underlying reason and one of the only one's that add up is you attack him for a power play/coup in DU. You need to go to the individuals iin DU and try to make amends before an appeal you need to cover you bases and make the attempt to repair what you've destroyed. I would believe you then if you made the statement I'm working on being a better person or however you want to phrase it. 

"3) Ever since you left DU, your actions have directly harmed the battalion, and virtually all you did was gaslight a precarious situation, which would lead to your eventual ban. If you did happen to get unbanned, your first destination would likely be DU, which is a prospect I don't think would help DU."

This also speaks volumes but i won't write another novel on 1 statement. 1st this tells me this does involve DU regardless of whether you want it to or not, his statement implies that for some underlying reason you did like DU and that you wished to do them harm and that is how targeting Cyan began with a underlying root cause of resentment towards the battalion that you previously were in and spent your time trying to better in the end to just tear them now, that since you left DU you started this plan with a bunch of goons to perform maybe a powerplay or an attack and began to target officers of a battalion. This adds up with statements made by others stating you had abused priveleges given to you by others in good faith to use as intelligence against DU and to plot against them. To target and harass an individual is wrong and unjustifiable as well is to abuse positions of trust and use that position against the organization that gave it to you. This is a direct display of you character leading up to & at the time of the ban and it justifies your ban in my eyes. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------My final Thoughts (TLDR)----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How should this situation be looked at? The only parts of this situation that should be looked at ar
- what did he do to get community banned
- what was the reason or the goal he had for doing these actions
- what did he do in response to the ban
- what has he done in order to make ammends and has he exhausted every avenue of attempting to make ammends with Cyan & the community as whole that was affected by his actions.
- During this appeal was he open and fully honest about what happened and lead upto the ban.

What should not be taken into account of his appeal
- Any friendships or grudges you hold against him before, during, or after this incident. Only Facts should be taken into account.
- Was the ban fairly given? (The answer is yes harassment is a crimanl sentence up to a felony degree in the US regardless of the scale and media it is done over)

Should you be unbanned today? No, the return time on this is just to soon & I don't believe you've done everything you could have other wise this thread wouldn't be the dumpster fire it is. There seems to be and feels like you are either downplaying your actions in your statement or bringing to your appeal a situation that doesn't apply yo your ban mainly because they used evidence from a non synergy discord and you claim the evidence was out of context but didn't provide any context for that what you provided was a chat in the SYNergy DU General chat.This is a community ban and a community devided on a topic would press me to hold off on removing your community (if it was up to me) the ban would stand where it is today and you would maintain privelege to contact a member of management to post on your behalf for when you believe you've made ammends with not only cyan but all the members of the community you affected with your actions.

Should you be unbanned at a later date? Sure, Part of appealing bans is being capable of knowing if someone has truly understood the depth of their actions and made the greatest attempt in order to repair the damge done to as successfully as possible; granted that yourself and all parties involved can move past the situation. I see you've started the process and have made some headway. you've talked to the staff who banned you, you talked to cyan, but you haven't talk to all of those who where also affected by the fall out. some might say he only needs cyan's forgiveness (Which he formally stated cyan hasn't foregave him yet) but understand this is about his return to the community and the community by the looks of this dumpster fire are devided, personally i believe you need more time and to put effort into contacting those who have been vocal about your plea to return. Some might say "wElL If yOu'd uNbAn hIm lAtEr wHy nOt jUsT Do iT NoW" because how I view it today is that he doesn't understand the full ramifacations of his actions nor has he attempted to heal the rift between him and the community as a whole only the rift between him, cyan, the staff involved, & his friends which still play the server of which this small group of people do not encompass a community as a whole, other like i said earlier this dumpster fire of a thread would not exist. People who cause drama harm the growth of a community and should remained banned for the betterment of a community in my eyes.

This was my TED Talk. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 11
  • Informative 1

Current: Stroodle's Work Slave (DU Intel DIrector) | DU ARCL SFC

Past: BCMD Doom | Senior Admin | Training Officer

Soooooo

This ban appeal has literally become almost as toxic and as bad as the situation you were banned for

Almost, if there were some more derogative terms then we would be there.

I have read a lot of these responses bar the long ones cos fuck that cos they are all the same.

I agree with what most have said and think this whole situation was one of the worst thing seen on synergy in a while, even worse than Dennis showing his feet.

I'll try and keep this short but I want to debunk something.

Some people change but not everyone and it usually those going through there teenage years and  puberty or where you change through a traumatic or serious situation. The most likely one to change from all of this is Cyan, no you.

Some of us have toxic period. I've had one so I know. But people knew it was a phase and it was more discontent than personal attacks on someone character and actively hunting a person with the purpose of building evidence to then use in a commander report to remove the current doom (even thou all the evidence was on the commanders and not Doom really. It was a report on Dennis, Cyan, Maddox, Owen but not Taco cos he was good noodle.) 

I know the hypocrisy with me hating to read long messaged but I do enjoy hypocrisy. 

Also I have noticed some people dumbing -1's on the bases they disagree or think they are misinformed. Disagree is fine but.

I was fucking there, I heard a lot of the shit they were saying and there plans and the commamder report and the lies, denial and final admissions.

This was literally the thing o dealt with on my official FIRST FUCKING DAY OF BEING SPEC REG. I've been dealing with this and other minor drama most my term but this one I wont forget.

Edited by Gadget
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 2
  • Friendly 2

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

On 9/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, Grum said:

Clearly owen and dennis were already against us so how is something we supposedly plotted got him removed? 

I just want to say something on this ^ We were never against anyone, unless they were harming those within DU at the time. Even up to the point of the ban's we still tried our best to work with them and it always backfired in our faces,  until the directors took action.

As it's been said before this community isn't a place for Toxic behaviour, antagonising people into saying or doing stupid shit (regardless of what outcome you are after) or malicious intent.   

Do I believe that people should be allowed back, sure. Do I believe that what... 60 days is enough to learned what was needed? Not so much. 

On 9/24/2020 at 8:24 AM, FatherHanz said:

I was brand new to the server when this all happened and never spoke to Ninjaman, but I have spoken to cyan. I will be waiting to hear anything from Cyan about this before I can +1 or -1 it due to the fact I was not exactly informed on the situation.

Yeah Cyan replied and its a -1

• Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

🌓🌙

Sorry mate,  It's gonna be a -1 from me.    I agree with Fredric on a LOT of his points.    

You fucked up big time.   Even if you are sincere about this,   You have a lot of mending to be done and it's very likely people like Cyan will never take a full apology from you.    

And just because there are people doing the same shit on other discords does not make it right.    As the sayin' goes:

"Two wrongs don't make it right."

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

After discussion with the High Staff team and Management we have decided that your appeal has been ACCEPTED.

Due to you admitting to your faults and being able to recognize your mistakes we believe that you are ready to come back into the community. You have said you don't really want to play on the server but simply interact with the friends you've made here. Do be advised, if you are found to be involved in ANY ISSUES within the next 3 months (1/06/2021) your ban will be reinstated with no chance to appeal.

Welcome back to the community.

//ACCEPTED

//LOCKED

//MOVED TO COMPLETED

• Disagree 7
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 7

spacer.pngspacer.png