What going on with the server suggestions?

So me and a handful of other people have been wondering what is going on with the server suggestions because a lot of things have been in pending for months now. I have seen some suggestions that have been pending since early May, some since February, and I have even seen one that dates back to 2019. I just quickly looked through the suggestions a few minutes ago.

Can we start implementing them onto the server or something? I get the management/founders do this for fun but at the same time everything seems to have just come to a grinding halt. Can we get some kind of update of what is going on?

It seems like the Intel team is doing a great job by reviewing the content and seeing if it works and everything is just falling apart when it comes to actually putting the things on the server.

If it's even possible as a last resort can we at least manage to get the files where the changes need to be implemented to a founder selected team that can help out? I get a lot of things are under lock and key by the inner circle that's been here for years but if we don't start changing for the better to improve the server things are only going to get worse.

Edited by Keo
Changes to grammar
  • Agree 6

I was here back last year, and back then the Founders seemed very connected. Now I have been here for a few months during my time I have not seen a single founder other then Zim. When you look at communities like Superior and Icefuse, they have been getting big updates and a lot of smaller hotfixes for the duration of Coronavirus. The only recent update we had was the Map switch which was a while ago. I understand that Founders can get burnt out but if so please tell us so we don't sit here just watching the server population die out slowly. It seems that the Management Team (Forseen & Dragon) Are basically running the community now. 

We havn't had a update for such a long time it seems like nothing is happening further of the coc.

• Agree 4
  • Friendly 1
  • Management

Coming from the guy who's made a shit ton of suggestions, it kinda sucks not being able to see most of them get added to the server for a good while and when they do finally get added to the server it no longer really effects me.

Though at the end of the day at least others get to enjoy them.

:Pepega:

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Coming from the guy who's made a shit ton of suggestions, it kinda sucks not being able to see most of them get added to the server for a good while and when they do finally get added to the server it no longer really effects me.

Though at the end of the day at least others get to enjoy them.

:Pepega:

I made a suggestion to give Fives and Echo dual dc-17s and it took a whole ass year, and it took another couple months to get it added to another 501st arc, forgot which one.

• Funny 1

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder
4 hours ago, Life- said:

I was here back last year, and back then the Founders seemed very connected. Now I have been here for a few months during my time I have not seen a single founder other then Zim. When you look at communities like Superior and Icefuse, they have been getting big updates and a lot of smaller hotfixes for the duration of Coronavirus. The only recent update we had was the Map switch which was a while ago. I understand that Founders can get burnt out but if so please tell us so we don't sit here just watching the server population die out slowly. It seems that the Management Team (Forseen & Dragon) Are basically running the community now. 

We havn't had a update for such a long time it seems like nothing is happening further of the coc.

You should definitely go check out the most recent update log my dude because you are very factually incorrect. 

• Funny 1
  • Founder
Founder

In regards to the post in general we will be getting to the server suggestions however none of them are game breaking that require immediate attention. The suggestions that you are referring to that date back are very irreverent/and or are either in the processes of figuring out how to implement onto the server or are such a big pain that they have been pushed off to another update. I understand that you believe that you know how much time we dedicate to this these things but the fact of the matter is that you really don't. We literally just released a VERY large content update for you guys less than 2 months ago along with an entire map as well as another significant update the month prior to that. You can expect an update sometime soon with the current pending server suggestions however as of right now we are taking a break from working on the server unless it is a pressing matter/issue. 

Peace out girl scout. 

• Funny 1
8 hours ago, Square said:

You should definitely go check out the most recent update log my dude because you are very factually incorrect. 

[Edit] nvm just looked in announcements

Still as it states, its a cleanup. No content was really added. Like the server suggestions have a lot of content that could really benefit the server it could be fun and nice with some change like the server suggestions that are up right now.

And again compared to other servers, we havn't had any big content update lately. I get that LFS was introduced and Hackable Rayshields and stuff but again a lot of other stuff could've been introduced in that update or in more recent updates.

Edited by Life-
11 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

I made a suggestion to give Fives and Echo dual dc-17s and it took a whole ass year, and it took another couple months to get it added to another 501st arc, forgot which one.

Ah yes. Those days. Lmfao

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Founder
Founder
9 hours ago, Life- said:

[Edit] nvm just looked in announcements

Still as it states, its a cleanup. No content was really added. Like the server suggestions have a lot of content that could really benefit the server it could be fun and nice with some change like the server suggestions that are up right now.

And again compared to other servers, we havn't had any big content update lately. I get that LFS was introduced and Hackable Rayshields and stuff but again a lot of other stuff could've been introduced in that update or in more recent updates.

You really make my brain hurt man. Like come on is the word "Additions" in your vocabulary. Please take more than 2 seconds to read past the first 2 words. He simply called the post "cleaning up" so he could put the clone 99 meme in. I would take the liberty of linking all of them to you here however that would clog up this entire post. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

When Gregor makes a suggestion to give Foxtrot their RC weapons back after they got removed accidentally in a patch, you would think shit that is immediately required for the job and takes maybe 3 strings of code to do, would be something someone could do at maximum in 20 minutes. And the suggestion has sat, for two months. It’s honestly so frustrating. I get it if you have to implement a new model or a new plugin, and add a fucking pack. But adding guns that are on the server to a job that it is critical for them to have? Its super frustrating and I think the best course of action is to get someone on the suggestions that can be done in an afternoon with the server, such as that one. I can’t speak for adding packs and new things to the server as I can understand how shit can take awhile and how it can mesh with other addons, but this has gotta stop. I really hope this gains traction and the founders seriously look at this, it really wouldn’t take this much time and irritation. 

I know this paragraph is all bitch and no solution, but I mean, would it be a stretch to separate server suggestions between shit that HAS to be added in a new add-on or pack, and shit that can be done with the packs and resources we have on the server, like gun additions and simple job reworks? Just a thought

Edited by Shockpoint

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

5 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

When Gregor makes a suggestion to give Foxtrot their RC weapons back after they got removed accidentally in a patch, you would think shit that is immediately required for the job and takes maybe 3 strings of code to do, would be something someone could do at maximum in 20 minutes. And the suggestion has sat, for two months. It’s honestly so frustrating. I get it if you have to implement a new model or a new plugin, and add a fucking pack. But adding guns that are on the server to a job that it is critical for them to have? Its super frustrating and I think the best course of action is to get someone on the suggestions that can be done in an afternoon with the server, such as that one. I can’t speak for adding packs and new things to the server as I can understand how shit can take awhile and how it can mesh with other addons, but this has gotta stop. I really hope this gains traction and the founders seriously look at this, it really wouldn’t take this much time and irritation.

That's because you did the process wrong lmao. Should've done a bug report.

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

9 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

That's because you did the process wrong lmao. Should've done a bug report.

Ah yes, Bug reports, the shit that’s even more clogged up than server suggestions. The shit that YOU YOURSELF have utilized and hasn’t been fixed for a longer period because nobody looks at it? Yuh

reffering to post you made there that remains unresolved since march

if I’m wrong or being retarded lmk ig

shits been in there since february but we might as well do that

Edited by Shockpoint

I've had a long chat with Forseen and I think people the gap between the community and the founders is pretty big.

I can pretty confidently say most people on the server have no clue how updates works for the server. It's a lot more complicated than it might seem. the founders do work, a lot of work. They just push out big updates and that's how the server has always run. It pretty hard to understand the work they do if you don't understand the work.

Small issues are bugs and bugs get resolved pretty quickly because they're always smaller things. 
actually adding stuff takes time and changes more than you might think. Adding new jobs is a huge issues because you have to wipe all whitelists if you add just one job.

I don't know much about coding in LUA and I don't have a huge knowledge of how it all works but updates are harder to make then we might think. 
I really think if you really want the founders to change how they run the server just pm them. Posts don't really do anything. They usually respond on the forums and are usually willing to answer questions you have aslong as they aren't really stupid and or a waste of time.

Keo took the right approach: asking questions and not complaining.
If you wanna complain, do it in private. No one likes watching people whine.

I'm prolly wrong about a few things, sorry :D

• Winner 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Founder
Founder
10 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

Ah yes, Bug reports, the shit that’s even more clogged up than server suggestions. The shit that YOU YOURSELF have utilized and hasn’t been fixed for a longer period because nobody looks at it? Yuh

I actually personally went through every pending bug report and included all relevant/important ones into the last update. So you are incorrect. The ones that are still in pending are either 1. impossible to fix 2. a waste of time for a small update and can be piled into a bigger update or 3. just not going to be fixed and haven't been moved yet and or have already been fixed before anyone saw the bug report. 

• Friendly 1
1 minute ago, Square said:

I actually personally went through every pending bug report and included all relevant/important ones into the last update. So you are incorrect. 

My apologies then. Just was pissed. Sorry if I looked stupid. 
Comics said it best though, the community-founder gap has greatly widened since I’ve returned, and I mainly came here to vent about shit that’s mega easy to fix but wasn’t. Seems like we went about it wrong. But idk. 
J was confused about all the shit in bug report that was just sitting there, unlooked at. Sorry for getting heated

• Friendly 1

52 minutes ago, Square said:

You really make my brain hurt man. Like come on is the word "Additions" in your vocabulary. Please take more than 2 seconds to read past the first 2 words. He simply called the post "cleaning up" so he could put the clone 99 meme in. I would take the liberty of linking all of them to you here however that would clog up this entire post. 

I did read past it. Half of it was class changes and adding weapons to people. Cleaning up Weapons Menu and props menu. The Addition of LFS & Hackable Rayshields were the good stuff in there. I stick to my point that there hasn't been any recent updates that impacted the server in a big way.

4 minutes ago, Life- said:

I did read past it. Half of it was class changes and adding weapons to people. Cleaning up Weapons Menu and props menu. The Addition of LFS & Hackable Rayshields were the good stuff in there. I stick to my point that there hasn't been any recent updates that impacted the server in a big way.

I see both sides here.

from a lot of peoples standpoint, it seems like the server has stalled in certain aspects yes, but to squares credit, LFS and hackable rayshields have been absolutely gamechanging and phenomenal additions that are super fun and have changed the game immensely in the 3 years I’ve played on synergy

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Life- said:

Then suggest something that will affect the server in a big way lol
The founders don't really pick what gets added, the community does. 

• Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Founder
Founder
3 minutes ago, Life- said:

The thing that you don't realize is that the community controls the updates. We simply take whats in server suggestions and put it onto the server if it's feasible. Sure if we see something cool that we want to do (such as LFS) and think it's better for the server we will throw it in. Maybe make better server suggestions if you want better stuff. Also I would classify the addition of LFS alone as a large server changing update not to mention the HUGE jedi update that took place shortly before. I am sorry but all of your points are simply horrible and stupid. If you hate the server I am sure icefuse would be glad to have you as you seem like you would be a good fit for their community. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
7 minutes ago, Square said:

I am sorry but all of your points are simply horrible and stupid. If you hate the server I am sure icefuse would be glad to have you as you seem like you would be a good fit for their community. 

I've seen wars less brutal than this statement.

Edited by [SR] Maverick
  • Funny 3
  • Informative 1

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

shits been in there since february but we might as well do that

Nah they were able to sorta "fix" it, I guess they just forgot to reply. They just have to manually sync the two servers every now and then. Not exactly optimal but as far as I'm aware, a better option hasn't been found yet.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

47 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

Ah yes, Bug reports, the shit that’s even more clogged up than server suggestions

Take it from someone who took care of all Clone Wars Bug Reports at one point, most of the issues that are posted can either be simply handled client side, or are completely unfixable with the current configuration of the server. Would you prefer for someone to look at these bug reports during an update or to just write

This will be looked into as soon as possible.

//Locked

//Moved to Completed Reports

Bug Reports aren't locked until completed whether it be unfixable or all the options have been exhausted to fix the problem.

• Agree 2

I think instead of waiting till it's too late everytime for a content update after their break they should just do bit by bit every week and spread out the time they spend on it. The whole We need a big update to have any effect thing is pretty dumb, unless you're also putting out smaller updates at the same time to keep people interested to stay and actually care about a big drop. How ever you probably couldn't handle working bit by bit through the suggestions and a big update so It's probably best to play it safe and just dedicate a bit of your time every week to introduce some of the accepted suggestions in a steady gradual way.

Edited by BigZach
  • Disagree 2

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

• Retired Founder

Kit Fisto's famous smile! :) | Amidala star wars, Star wars jedi ...

I would like to add my 2 cents, and I would appreciate a true read over as it's important..
I also would love to rip on some of the stupid bitches in this post, but they just add to my points below.. so.. thanks.. I guess..

I think people forget the times we are in. COVID-19 has been a rough plague on many people, people are dying, losing jobs, school support, etc. This has made things like the sever become a very strong back seat for users like our Founder team who (some of us) have people in very high risk positions or already lost people. I personally work in student education, meaning with schools all closing I was forced into the front lines of battling to ensure students can continue to learn and receive their education. Education is important. I'm not saying COVID is an excuse, but it certainly is a strong blockade.

Furthermore, I am going to address mostly @Keo's post as he was first to throw this up here and he did so respectfully. I think adressing updates as being done for fun is extremely untrue. I know that I, and the other founders have not created an update for the fun of it in a very long time. The founders have created updates for YOU. For the players. This is a extremly unrewarding task. I personally receive far more negative response when providing updates than positive. People look for what they didn't get and don't appreciate what is given (Thanks A-Aron, BigZach & Life- for proving this point I guess). I personally find updates extremely stressful, time consuming, unrewarding and challenging and as you can imagine, with a full time job and a list of tasks that becomes ever more important in the current worlds situation it is BEYOND difficult to make what little freetime I have dedicated to developing an update for a hobby. Comics got this part all spot on! Sure, we could provide a team with the files, but Synergy is a project the Founder team made and hold dearly, it's hard to just give that to someone and /trust/ they will have the right intentions or mindset when adding / removing / not sabatoging things.

Lastly, in the interest of transparency, I will add a bit about our Founders I feel at liberty to share so you can understand where our team is:

Joah - This is one of my dearest friends, and I hardly see him between his work, sleep, and personal matters he has been forced to deal with as of late.
Jackson - Recently got a big push in his schooling and is on 24/7 call for his internship. Edit: Jackson is alright too.
Square - Was MIA for about a month, recently returned and is only around for short periods as he is out with his own personal life.
Ron - I have not seen Ron since before COVID hit. He has been completely MIA and we can only hope he is healthy, safe and okay.
Zim - That's me, ontop of the prior, I recently received a problem with my breathing and have been unable to get diagnosed as to a cause. Ontop of this, during tests to discover the cause, they found a unrelated issue with my heart that will unfortunately warp how the rest of my life will continue.

The point of this isn't to make people think "boo hoo" for the Founders, as we are responsible for your updates. We should and would love to be able to snap our fingers to add new items. But unfortunately our worlds (because we are real people with lives and jobs) have been extremely chaotic. 

I hope this small essay helps and you can take a moment to read and understand it.
I'll see what I can do to get something out soon. I can't promise it would be perfect, but I have stuff I personally paid for out of pocket (501st model updates) that I haven't even been able to add due to life.

Thanks for making the post Keo. It's important and gave me a good chance to explain behind the scenes. (Well at least a very little bit).

• Winner 2
  • Friendly 14

I mean to be honest, at the end of the day you’re still going to play on the server, complain all you want but you’ll keep playing and before you know it oh look another update, and that’s coming from someone who has left multiple times and right as I leave a giant update comes, at the end of the day if you can’t be patient and wait for an update than sucks for you.

• Funny 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

for over a month now. his last activity we can see was on june 3rd. I hope he is doing alright.

Edited by Baelfire

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

On 7/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, Life- said:

This ^ is Facts. Which is one of the many reasons I left the community, of course I still hop into the forums to check on how the people are doing, but this hit home for alot of us. Thank you good sir

Null-5 "Prudii"
spacer.png

On 7/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, Zim said:

I recently received a problem with my breathing and have been unable to get diagnosed as to a cause. Ontop of this, during tests to discover the cause, they found a unrelated issue with my heart that will unfortunately warp how the rest of my life will continue.

Man Hope things work out with whats going on with you, keep working at your own pace. Even though some people are ungrateful for updates the majority of the people really enjoy it. Updates don't need to be common as some people say if it's not broke don't fix it

• Friendly 1

I've been here too long

On 7/31/2020 at 12:08 AM, justuscloud5 said:

Do you remember september...

of 2018 when cyclops made a suggestion for K-Company to be added and it got accepted in May 2019 then the models got added in October 2019

October 2019? Wasn't 327th removed a few months later, rip

bolt