"Bad Decal List" Crash? Info about it.

So as many people know, there has been ALOT of Bad Decal crashes. Many of you may just assume its cause the addons are shit or something, however this is not the case. Ever since the last Gmod Update many server on the Gmod discord have reported crashes with the message "Bad Decal List". This is directly a Gmod problem and is not a problem with the server.

Rubat, a popular Dev that has created many famous addons for Gmod(Original Rhino Lightsabers under name Roboboy), well he helps manage the help section on the Gmod Discord and has recommended using the Dev build to help with the crashes. There is no confirmation if this has completely fixed the problem so let that be known.

spacer.png

If you want to know how to enable dev build, honestly just google it, theres plenty of youtube videos over enabling Dev Build.

PS: Dev Build has a different Audio Codec that is way more clear than the normal build.

Update regarding the "Bad Decal List" Crashing
As some of you know the crash was still happening with the Dev build however there was some good news today(Hopefully)
This should be another reason to update to the Dev Build

One reason, that a moderator in the Official Garry's mod discord, came up with the bad decal listing was because of "fading decals" in which TFA weapons use(Picture 1). A update that rolled out this morning on the dev build had a fix in there that targeted this problem(Picture 2 and 3). Hopefully this update will help some people, who are using the dev build. However since this update rolled out this morning I cant say anything myself (Although I have been using the Dev build for the last week and already prefer this build).
2c1d763ef7eb64187b92da2986f502a4.png
ba33623225cf9de09bd2fad728010c08.png
7b444026469e25568252223ca4ff1243.png