Adding Delta-42 to Delta Squad

Marvel

• Management

Name: Marvel | Boss

RP Rank: Sergeant | Squad Lead

Suggestion: Adding Delta Squad's pilot, Delta-42.

Implementation: Adding this job to Delta Squad on the server.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Delta_42

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1944292365&searchtext=Clone+Republic+Pilot

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Delta-42

Slots: 1

Description: Delta 42 was Delta Squad's LAAT pilot who gave them various air support and extractions.

Model: models/player/tamewater/clone_cc/clone_cc.mdl

Weapons: tfa_swch_dc15a, tfa_dc15s_ashura, tfa_swch_dc17_rancor, comlink_swep, repair_tool_evan (Hear me out! I gave him the JT DC-17 pistol because out of all of SO BDE he has the weakest weapons due to not really being equipped like the rest of them. This DC-17 is to help protect him a little better but he isn't meant for combat too much.)

Other: I understand Delta-42 has been attempted in the past before but through using the CT job and it was given to a horrible person when it was first implemented which ruined Delta-42's image. I want to change that and add a unique job to Delta and to SO BDE. SO BDE doesn't have any full fledged Pilots so this would be cool in my opinion. If you have any issues with the suggestion lemme know!

• Disagree 2
  • Funny 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Hmmm SOBDE pilot...

I think I like it, though how would it be treated? Another position you tryout for like the rest?

Would it be the designated SOBDE pilot or only for delta? Etc 

Edited by Jagger
Grammar mobile sucks

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

+1

Good idea and I feel like you can make it work.

9 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I think I like it, though how would it be treated? Another position you tryout for like the rest?

I'm pretty sure he's treating it as a position you tryout for like the rest of em

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

• Management
15 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Hmmm SOBDE pilot...

Would it be the designated SOBDE pilot or only for delta? Etc 

It will act as another member of Delta Squad as the Squad's Pilot and will require a tryout. SO BDE are constantly together so Delta-42 would probably fly SO BDE around a lot but he is Delta's pilot mostly.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management
1 minute ago, Hero said:

Why should we add this? What makes me want to +1 this?

It won't affect anyone but SO BDE. There is really no negative outcomes if it got added. I want it added to give Delta something unique in SO BDE as every other squad has their own unique buffs and Delta has none. This is just an idea.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

I really dont see a point to adding this job, the way I see it sobde already takes up to much space on the server and adding more jobs isint gonna help with that especially if its something as unnecessary as a glorified pilot so unless you come up with a reason better than "cool" it will be a -1 from me

• Agree 1

+1 As a previous boss Delta often falls short when it comes to anything but lore.

-Omega gets a cloak and a speed boost
-Null gets jetpacks
-Bad Batch get amazing kits

Delta needs something to put them a bit further up the ladder. This is a great way to do so without adding some dumb shit that makes no sense. Delta-42 is an actual lore character that would fit just as well as the other members of Delta.

hi.

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

I really dont see a point to adding this job, the way I see it sobde already takes up to much space on the server and adding more jobs isint gonna help with that especially if its something as unnecessary as a glorified pilot so unless you come up with a reason better than "cool" it will be a -1 from me

gotta go with mike with this one 

also this was a meme for so long lol theres no real point imo

Banned

-1 come on 

• Agree 2

r4ymo.gif

48 minutes ago, Hawky said:

-1 i have one reason ARNT sobde trained in everthing but specilize in one thing fly yourself lmao also i have bad exspeances also didint somone try this befor not gonna nameany names but i swear someone naming them self this befor

That was before it was implemented.

Yes everyone could be a pilot, but that doesn’t mean everyone in sobde is a lore pilot.

The point is to have a LORE pilot as well as it can add interesting rp and a new way of doing things, and add more diversity.

+1

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Just now, Fyi said:

Delta needs something to put them a bit further up the ladder

Funny enough, back when they were originally making the buffs for SOBDE, Null, Omega and BB Buffs. (And when foxtrot was back)

Omega was only suppoesd to get Cloaks (not a speed boost), Null had Jetpacks, badbatch got what they have is because they're Badbatch, and Delta/Foxtrot were the same. 

Honestly adding an extra job wont 'help' you up the ladder, it's just taking up a job slot that isn't unique except for the name/model. because as you mention, he isn't getting any RC weapons, so whats the point of adding this specifically if he isn't meant for combat? I feel there's just so much more you could ask for delta for a buff, rather than a job. 

• Agree 2

-1 not really a memorable SOBDE, people would see him and say who the fuck is he. I also have to agree it would be kind of pointless. If you want a buff like the other squads I don’t think having a pilot would be a good buff.

• Management
4 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Honestly adding an extra job wont 'help' you up the ladder, it's just taking up a job slot that isn't unique except for the name/model. because as you mention, he isn't getting any RC weapons, so whats the point of adding this specifically if he isn't meant for combat? I feel there's just so much more you could ask for delta for a buff, rather than a job. 

Delta-42 is by no means a ‘buff’ as adding a pilot job adds no real advantage in game other than having an extra guy to shoot at for NPCs and Event Jobs. The point of the job is to give Delta something unique. I have several ideas for buffs for Delta to put them on par with the rest of the squads but I need to work on them a bit more as there’s really not a lot of amazing ideas other than buffing hp armor speed or a weapon.

Omega and Null have two sets of models for use and lore Jedi for use and Bad Batch have crazy loadouts and role play capabilities due to their lore and the potential 5th squad member with the new season (technically canon even if we don’t see it)

This is something to make Delta ‘unique’ not a buff

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

-1 Sorry Marvel, but Delta-42 isn’t the best idea for delta. If you want something unique to help with the squad, then come up with some ideas to help fixer, Scorch, and Sev. They need help with stuff. I think spending time on helping them is better, then adding a whole other job for. Also why would you need him? The only thing he’d be doing is literally flying? He wasn’t even in SOBDE, and was kinda just a clone trooper pilot, so that kinda makes him have not a lot of affiliation with SOBDE, besides being the pilot.

Idk too many negatives came when this job was here, and I think you can fine more to give the squad members rather than adding a whole other job, that doesn’t even need to be added.

• Agree 7

Former: Liaison

• Management
27 minutes ago, Pythin said:

-1 Sorry Marvel, but Delta-42 isn’t the best idea for delta. If you want something unique to help with the squad, then come up with some ideas to help fixer, Scorch, and Sev. They need help with stuff. I think spending time on helping them is better, then adding a whole other job for. Also why would you need him? The only thing he’d be doing is literally flying? He wasn’t even in SOBDE, and was kinda just a clone trooper pilot, so that kinda makes him have not a lot of affiliation with SOBDE, besides being the pilot.

Idk too many negatives came when this job was here, and I think you can fine more to give the squad members rather than adding a whole other job, that doesn’t even need to be added.

This isn’t to help the squad... nor does the squad need help? What do Fixer, Scorch, and Sev need help with exactly? Absolutely nothing. Their fine as is and if they needed help well I got plenty of time to do that. Also yes Pilots fly Pythin, so yes he would be flying majority of his time. He’s a pilot... which would be something ‘unique’ for the squad and SO BDE. 

The dude flew Delta Squad around and was named Delta-42 how in the flying fuck would he not be affiliated with Delta and SO BDE. Delta went on missions with Omega and Null all the time and way more squads as well so it’s very likely he flew those goons too.

and I’m sick of everyone shitting on Delta-42 because a stupid little shit kid was given the name and was an absolute retard. That was nearly 2 years ago! Who cares anymore. Patrick isn’t Delta-42.

Edited by Marvel
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

15 minutes ago, Marvel said:

This isn’t to help the squad... nor does the squad need help? What do Fixer, Scorch, and Sev need help with exactly? Absolutely nothing. Their fine as is and if they needed help well I got plenty of time to do that. Also yes Pilots fly Pythin, so yes he would be flying majority of his time. He’s a pilot... which would be something ‘unique’ for the squad and SO BDE. 

The dude flew Delta Squad around and was named Delta-42 how in the flying fuck would he not be affiliated with Delta and SO BDE. Delta went on missions with Omega and Null all the time and way more squads as well so it’s very likely he flew those goons too.

and I’m sick of everyone shitting on Delta-42 because a stupid little shit kid was given the name and was an absolute retard. That was nearly 2 years ago! Who cares anymore. Patrick isn’t Delta-42.

I’m sayin in lore he was clone trooper pilot. He flew around delta on missions, and died. His character might add a new addition to Delta, and SOBDE, but what I’m saying was give to someone in your squad. I’m not saying that Delta is in a bad spot, and needs help. I’m saying to do suggestions for them, and not to add a whole other job. It’s not needed really.

also I don’t care that Patrick was Delta-42. I’m saying the role it’s self was controversial. It just adds drama when it’s added. Like anytime you guys add him in. 

Former: Liaison

9 hours ago, Fyi said:

+1 As a previous boss Delta often falls short when it comes to anything but lore.

-Omega gets a cloak and a speed boost
-Null gets jetpacks
-Bad Batch get amazing kits

Delta needs something to put them a bit further up the ladder. This is a great way to do so without adding some dumb shit that makes no sense. Delta-42 is an actual lore character that would fit just as well as the other members of Delta.

I agree with this to be honest, like yeah Delta probably has the most lore or story to them, well they had a kick ass game. But on the server its pretty dead, like just RC with names and backstory. Like Omega have cloaks and Darman has his bowcaster. I dont think Delta even have a lore jedi. Correct me if I'm wrong.

+1 give delta some love, they are the coolest looking guys....

Maybe a better model for it thou? Looks a little bit too much like a Rancor guy.

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

1 hour ago, Pythin said:

I’m sayin in lore he was clone trooper pilot. He flew around delta on missions, and died. His character might add a new addition to Delta, and SOBDE, but what I’m saying was give to someone in your squad. I’m not saying that Delta is in a bad spot, and needs help. I’m saying to do suggestions for them, and not to add a whole other job. It’s not needed really.

also I don’t care that Patrick was Delta-42. I’m saying the role it’s self was controversial. It just adds drama when it’s added. Like anytime you guys add him in. 

Oi

what are you on about

I could say “it’s not really needed” for a lot of things on the server my dude. Like what if someone said to you “bAd BaTcH isNt rEaLly NeEdeD.” Thats a dumb excuse to -1 a suggestion like brah. Also, Marvel doesn’t want to make the suggestion for each individual person in Delta because like he’s already said 100 times he doesn’t want them buffed, he just wants Delta as a whole to be a bit more interesting and appealing like the rest of SO BDE rather than keeping their generic headass how it is. There’s literally no reason NOT to add it.

Edited by ISNIFFPROPANE

What .. The... Fuck.. Is.. This...

Are you serious....

you already get op guns and good pay on the job and now you want another job?

wtf. No

also even if this were to go through he isn’t taking a JT pistol because he isn’t a JT so that’s a big no 

- the fuck 1

• Funny 6
  • Management
59 minutes ago, Raids said:

What .. The... Fuck.. Is.. This...

Are you serious....

you already get op guns and good pay on the job and now you want another job?

wtf. No

also even if this were to go through he isn’t taking a JT pistol because he isn’t a JT so that’s a big no 

- the fuck 1

:pepoBOOMER:okay dude

First of all not that long ago we got rid of a squad. Now literally the other day we got rid of nearly 30 jobs on the server. How is one job going to kill you? Lol okay.

Now I can understand the whole JT DC-17 argument but then again is it really a JT pistol? Last I checked majority of the JTs on the server don’t even have it in their kit...

:Pepega:

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I mean. What’s the point of adding this? I could care less about the guns and shit we never do PvP with our real jobs. I get how you want Delta to be special and have another opportunity to make them more appeal. But is this the way you want to go? How would you fill it ? What RP would they add? 

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

:pepoBOOMER:okay dude

First of all not that long ago we got rid of a squad. Now literally the other day we got rid of nearly 30 jobs on the server. How is one job going to kill you? Lol okay.

Now I can understand the whole JT DC-17 argument but then again is it really a JT pistol? Last I checked majority of the JTs on the server don’t even have it in their kit...

:Pepega:

Wtf is wrong with you? What would make you think it's OK to use the white monster in a meme picture when clearly all the kids hopped up on monsters drink the green ones? The white ones are for sophisticated people. 

• Funny 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Tbh I only see this helping in the fact that there is another spot to give to someone you would "like" to be around SO BDE as when I was there when we did give these names Delta-42 and Omega Corr ( Before a job was added ) they were given to people who SO BDE considered friends but really couldn't pass a tryout in my honest opinion. As much as I think delta should be given something in terms of  making it more favorable then the other squads as the lore is the only thing really keeping them up there with the rest of the unique squads... adding Delta-42 really wouldn't help any case I see... "Having a fully fledged pilot"? All of SO BDE even the Jedi can fly a ship. I love Delta but this isn't something that they "need" more of a "want". -1

Edited by Agent
Forgot -1
  • Management
47 minutes ago, Hero said:

I mean. What’s the point of adding this? I could care less about the guns and shit we never do PvP with our real jobs. I get how you want Delta to be special and have another opportunity to make them more appeal. But is this the way you want to go? How would you fill it ? What RP would they add? 

This ain’t a buff or anything to make Delta Squad better and on par with the other squads it’s just a unique job that can easily be added to SO BDE. Pilots have plenty of RP if given the chance and with LFS coming to Event Server pilots will literally be stacked and having one/being one will be so much fun. We got rid of so many jobs just the other day ago where really adding one job won’t harm anything. If added this job would be one of a kind in SO BDE and be something for pilot fans to aspire for as he’s in SO BDE which is really kinda the point of Special Forces on RP servers.

Yes I agree this isn’t 100% necessary but what is these days? I mean we’re here to have fun and role play and this ain’t going to ruin anyone’s fun or ability to role play and could add more RP to Delta which is what I’m looking at type job for.

I have plenty of other ideas for Delta anyhow.

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

-1 seems kind of useless and will most likely barely be used due to the amount of time you actually get flying which is not much and I think you guys rather just be on normal jobs instead of a pilot job

• Agree 2

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

spacer.png

Back when I was Fixer and we had Tripoli as Delta-42 for like 3 days before you wanted the name changed, seems like things are only acceptable when you want them. My questions is what has changed?

Also pilots are never used lmaooo

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4
  • Winner 1
  • Current: GAY
  • Former: 41st BCMD Gree | 41st XO | 41st Green Company Draa | Delta Squad Fixer
10 minutes ago, Zeik said:

I'm confused on what you're trying to prove here? I never said I didn't want it on the server at all besides a -1 I don't even play anymore, I'm calling him out for being a hypocrite.

Marvel is the one who actually allowed us to have Delta 42 at the time when you and I were in Delta because he was a Director and SO BDE Reg. Sanchez is the one who took it away because he didn't 'Officially' agree on it with Marvel...

2 minutes ago, ISNIFFPROPANE said:

Marvel is the one who actually allowed us to have Delta 42 at the time when you and I were in Delta because he was a Director and SO BDE Reg. Sanchez is the one who took it away because he didn't 'Officially' agree on it with Marvel...

No my -1 is me not agreeing with it as he clearly didn't want it on the server before so why does he want it now all of a sudden when he's Boss.
Both Directors have to come to a mutual decision on it so if Marvel did want it on the server and allowed us to do it then why did he drop it as soon as Sanchez wanted it gone?

• Current: GAY
  • Former: 41st BCMD Gree | 41st XO | 41st Green Company Draa | Delta Squad Fixer
  • Management
28 minutes ago, Zeik said:

No my -1 is me not agreeing with it as he clearly didn't want it on the server before so why does he want it now all of a sudden when he's Boss.
Both Directors have to come to a mutual decision on it so if Marvel did want it on the server and allowed us to do it then why did he drop it as soon as Sanchez wanted it gone?

:pepoBOOMER: Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but me and Sanchez liked to do things that we 100% agreed on and not argue about something as silly as a CT with the name Delta-42. Sanchez didn’t like it and I agreed that utilizing the CT job to bring this character onto the server wasn’t the best way to go about it.

I was always for Delta-42 being a thing it was just the execution back then. Would prefer it if you didn’t spread false information my guy.

44 minutes ago, Zeik said:

I'm calling him out for being a hypocrite.

Okay dude. :Thonk:

Come to think about it I actually went and explained the situation to all of you (Delta at the time) and how if you boys wanted it you need a server suggestion. Nice. Guess you took it as me not wanting Delta-42 on the server and being super against it tho. :PepoThink:

Edited by Marvel
  • Funny 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

The fact that there is so much toxicity about a pilot job that will be most likely forgotten about not even a week after it is added in is ridiculous. Sure, lore is cool, but unless you get Patrick to be 42, the job will feel like a waste of time when the core squad could be focused on

• Agree 1

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

• Management
2 hours ago, Alexz said:

-1 this isn’t really needed as SOBDE already has a hard time filling positions 

That’s not true at all. We keep our spots filled for very long lengths of time and whenever positions happen to open up we fill them rather quickly. 

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

If this is something that Delta really would like to try out i don't have a problem with it. Iv been watching this post for a minute now and im going to +1 

As long as this new job doesn't act like a twat I'm cool with it. I will say from my POV SOBDE has been much better with respect and shit in character.

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

9 minutes ago, Trixx said:

If this is something that Delta really would like to try out i don't have a problem with it. Iv been watching this post for a minute now and im going to +1 

As long as this new job doesn't act like a twat I'm cool with it. I will say from my POV SOBDE has been much better with respect and shit in character.

Tbh the only reason why people think Delta-42 is a twat was because of the infamous person playing him. It's the same thing with Wrecker, people think he's retarded because of how Regional played him

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

hi.

• 4 weeks later...