Website & Forum Update
Version: 4.0.3
[1/12/2020]

Add

• Added Custom Synergy Banner to forums
  • Added Custom Synergy Logo to homepage
  • Added Custom Icons to each group, including special formatting per tier
  • Added ONLINE status indicator with Green Avatar Glow
  • Added Server Widget to forum index (live display of online players, click a server to auto-join directly from the website)
  • Added Steam Group Widget to forum index (click the button to join our group)
  • Added Cloudflare DNS and caching systems (faster page loads, less downtime)

Update

• Updated Default Theme to Synergy V4 | Release 1 (V4.0.3)
  • Updated Available Theme to Synergy V3 | Final (V3.9.3)
  • Updated Core Forum Software to latest stable release
  • Updated Core Theme to latest stable release
  • Updated Font Awesome (FA) icons to V5
  • Updated Staff Directory design
  • Updated Forum background styling
  • Updated sub-forums to display on index
  • Updated warning point thresholds
  • Updated warning point system
  • Updated Administration & Development categories

Fix

• Fixed Userbar spacing
  • Fixed Usergroup display
  • Fixed missing post functions
  • Fixed warning/report buttons
  • Fixed avatar upload requirements
  • Fixed data issue involving large file uploads
  • December Monthly forum maintenance
  • 2019 Yearly forum maintenance

Remove

• Removed default forum titles (only custom titles will display now)
  • Removed forum signatures (due to excessive content, cleaner display)

TeamSpeak

• Added custom synergy banner as server banner
  • Added ts3 server and auto-connect link to forums index
  • Updated all Server Staff & Management tags with custom icons

ts3client_win64_FHfWLJxeay.png

This update has been in development for the past few months, while I still have some major content additions being worked on, I wanted to push out the initial major release of our Website / Forums. Please report any bugs in the Forum Bug Reports section - the old theme will remain available for selection at the bottom of the forums under "Theme" for any compatibility issues.

Special thanks to @ Forseen & @ Bananaberry for their contributions to our latest custom GFX (forum banners, logos, and ts icons)

z5dGuiK.gif

Ron get rid of this background its rank

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

i dont mean to flame you, but please get rid of the background, its kinda aids on the eyes with the gradient, and it doesn't really make any sense because it takes away from the actual content of the forums because of the default dark scheme and then there are giant highlighter streaks on the sides. Another quick criticism is that the blue and red doesn't really make sense in the logo. 

can we please have a straight color scheme like synergy can be all blue, and roleplay all white in the logo as well, because the red in it makes no sense and just makes it look ugly and honestly, a bit sloppy.

Edited by Egg
  • Retired Founder
6 minutes ago, Egg said:

i dont mean to flame you, but please get rid of the background, its kinda aids on the eyes and the blue and red doesnt really make sense. I appreciate my dark mode... not highligher cyan and magenta.

can we please have a straight color scheme like synergy can be all blue, and roleplay all white in the logo as well, because the red in it makes no sense and just makes it look ugly.

Where do you see red?

The logo has orange and matches all of the orange themed buttons/titles/headers on the forum theme, and the background is blue/purple

I'm going to review and consider any feedback but If you don't like the new theme, simply switch back to the old one at the bottom of the forums (like it says in the thread)

K9sNriG.png

image.png.721243a47e61a83615e9b1a22c27549e.png

O R A N G E

z5dGuiK.gif

9 minutes ago, Ron said:

Where do you see red?

I was talking about the logo part, I just thought it looked a bit more like a red- orange (probably because of my monitor). The orange makes sense now that you mention the reasoning behind it, but personally, I think it might just be better as a whole to change all the orange to some sort of blue to better fit the logo and have a more uniform design of the forums. Idk how difficult that would be because I kinda spaced out a lot during my web design class, but this is just my two cents on that matter.

9 minutes ago, Ron said:

the background is blue/purple

I realized it was a gradient, but I still don't think that it really makes any sense for it to be there, especially since the purple is not really involved anywhere in synergy except for maybe your webmaster tag

I also did swap back to the old version, but I still just wanted to give you the feedback and criticisms so that things could be discussed and hopefully improved

Edited by Egg
  • Friendly 1

My biggest issue is the background 100% it takes away from the viewing pleasure of the forums, If you flick between the 2 themes at the bottom, having the darker background, with the lighter forums makes for a better viewing time on the forums.

I think trying to incorporate more colors is a not the way to go, Having the orange as a highlight to elements such as the submit button is nice because they stand out and the forums contrast nicely. But because 1 minority of the forums is orange doesn't mean that has to become the branding color, I quite like the Blue, White and gray colors we have. Its more aesthetically pleasing, so why not maybe incorporate them, and use solid colors rather than bright, vibrant gradients. Use a softer darker color if you are going to add a background color, Bright highlighting elements ain't for backgrounds its for making things stand out.

I'm also using dark mode and having such a vibrant background takes away from the point of having dark mode.

Pros -

Online status is lit tho
And most other things

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
  • Retired Founder
21 minutes ago, Egg said:

11 minutes ago, Dreams- said:

Thanks for the feedback and constructive criticism, this is the first public release of V4 after the beta so I'll be noting any bugs/comments/suggestions for the next update as I haven't received any community feedback yet besides from a few internal testers.

The background is a simple color gradient, as I wanted to "spruce up" the overall design instead of having a basic flat color (not really looking to randomly add colors, but the old bg felt dull tbh)

I'll look into more BG options as it's easily changed

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif