A theory to fix the server?

Alright so before everyone mass dumbs me and calls this dumb really sit back and think about it. This is just a running theory that i have had in the back of my mind for a while now. I just want to see what others think i will try to explain some of my reasoning behind what battalion to keep and remove. 

Battalions to Keep let me explain.....

501st and 212th Reason: Well we kinda have to and they are the main battalions in SWRP and in the clones war show. 

Shock: We have to to keep the rules and have people arrested. 

Dooms Unit: I know this will spark a conversation but if you think about it they are called in to help with every deployment and help in 9/10 situations. 

104th: Have them take care of all vehicle trainings Pilot, BARC, tank etc 

Rancor: However only keep the lore characters, alphas and a total of 30 people, have most of ARC be battalionized this way it stays elite. 

SOBDE : cuz sobde it's like 30 people or some shit and they do ight RP

Now before the flame war starts before or the mass dumbs this is just food for thought it's just something i've been throwing around in my head. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

IMA be honest I've thought about the batts on the server and IMO we have way to many. So I came up with a list like this one.

Attack Regiment:

1) 501st Legion

A) Torrent Company 

B) Doom's Unit

2) 212th Attack Battalion

A) 2nd Airborn Company / Parji

B) Ghost Company 

C) Foxtrot (TBH Not needed)

Specialized Battalions:

1) 104th Mechanized Battalion

A) Wolfpacm

2) 21st Nova Corps

A) Galactic Marines / Keller's Unit

B) Special Operations / Shadow Company

Recon Regiment:

1) 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps

Lightning Squad

2) RANCOR 

A) Alpha ARCs

Special Operations Brigade:

1) Delta Squad

2) Omega Squad

3) (Possible 3rd Squad)

Security:

Shock Trooper/5th Fleet (Depending on Map)

IMO 2 Batts per regiment. And these are my picks because of Server Content and Lore

IK DU is not under 501st in lore but I like the concept of the battalion and I believe it could be an amazing subunit instead of a battalion.

Ik it's not what people want to here , but this is just my thoughts on this. 

Edited by Qal
FORGOT Security
  • Winner 2

Everyone is probably going to have an urge to rush and defend their battalion. I would advise giving this some serious thought beforehand.

I personally agree with Dennis. Some battalions should go, and I agree with the methods Qal used to determine who should stay. An unbiased and lore/content driven method of removing battalions is in my opinion the best route to take. Personal preferences set aside. The block of battalions that would remain under Qal's proposal would be able to easily assume the duties of battalions that would be removed. Honestly, I think we can all agree that the server is spread thin. Something needs to happen. I personally believe we still need Shock though. Perhaps a Security Forces Regiment containing only Shock / 5th Fleet depending on which map we're on? That or tack them onto Specialized again if ya don't believe they should have a Security Regimental Commander. 

• Agree 2
15 minutes ago, Foxey said:

Everyone is probably going to have an urge to rush and defend their battalion. I would advise giving this some serious thought beforehand.

I personally agree with Dennis. Some battalions should go, and I agree with the methods Qal used to determine who should stay. An unbiased and lore/content driven method of removing battalions is in my opinion the best route to take. Personal preferences set aside. The block of battalions that would remain under Qal's proposal would be able to easily assume the duties of battalions that would be removed. Honestly, I think we can all agree that the server is spread thin. Something needs to happen. I personally believe we still need Shock though. Perhaps a Security Forces Regiment containing only Shock / 5th Fleet depending on which map we're on? That or tack them onto Specialized again if ya don't believe they should have a Security Regimental Commander. 

I forgot security on there. But yes! Shock would be on there just imo not under a regiment.

AKA

No Security Regimental.

Fox is BCMD Works Directly with RCMD+ 

Edited by Qal
  • Agree 1

I mean qal just put Bad Batch under 501st or in SO BDE 

46 minutes ago, Qal said:

IMA be honest I've thought about the batts on the server and IMO we have way to many. So I came up with a list like this one.

Attack Regiment:

1) 501st Legion

A) Torrent Company 

B) Doom's Unit

B) Ghost Company 

Specialized Battalions:

A) Wolfpacm

2) 21st Nova Corps

Recon Regiment:

Lightning Squad

2) RANCOR 

A) Alpha ARCs

1) Delta Squad

2) Omega Squad

3) (Possible 3rd Squad)

Security:

IMO 2 Batts per regiment. And these are my picks because of Server Content and Lore

IK DU is not under 501st in lore but I like the concept of the battalion and I believe it could be an amazing subunit instead of a battalion.

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

1 hour ago, Bbstine said:

Yeah, add 41st to this list and I might consider what you just said.

Can I have your reasoning behind it?

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Lol Denis are you in DU? Also everyone who says which battalions should stay includes the battalion you are in. It is okay for other battalions to leave just not mine because mine has a purpose unmatched and unique to the server ecosystem. Older people know I have been a leading advocate for less battalions on the server and I think we have too many already but honestly don’t argue for less battalions but then shield your own from that list. IMO it should come down to 2 from each group. 2 attack, 2 Spec, 2 recon, 2 SOBDE. Maybe one extra attack just because that was the bulk of the army but I definitely think you can shave off a good few. Regardless people are gonna be upset there battalion is gone but overall removal fixes battalions of 4 or 5 active members from not having the chance of being deployed because they don’t have the numbers. Less battalion helps gamemasters because you don’t have to provide for all the battalions during events. I think it would be hard to decide who goes but cutting back on battalions is extremely possible.

10 hours ago, Trixx said:

Open the flood gates of dumbs.

For the record I do not condone the actions taken here.

I think people can have a reasonable discussion on this topic without getting all pissed at each other. The general consensus is that people on the server want less, it all just comes down to who should be removed and why.

15 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Have you seen 187th? 10-15 members per day bro

We aren’t just talking about activity we are talking about “usefulness” on the server and “lore friendly”. This isn’t meant to be a flame war it’s just the constant talk about what battalion is gonna be in theory “removed”

14 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Lol Denis are you in DU? Also everyone who says which battalions should stay includes the battalion you are in. It is okay for other battalions to leave just not mine because mine has a purpose unmatched and unique to the server ecosystem. Older people know I have been a leading advocate for less battalions on the server and I think we have too many already but honestly don’t argue for less battalions but then shield your own from that list. IMO it should come down to 2 from each group. 2 attack, 2 Spec, 2 recon, 2 SOBDE. Maybe one extra attack just because that was the bulk of the army but I definitely think you can shave off a good few. Regardless people are gonna be upset there battalion is gone but overall removal fixes battalions of 4 or 5 active members from not having the chance of being deployed because they don’t have the numbers. Less battalion helps gamemasters because you don’t have to provide for all the battalions during events. I think it would be hard to decide who goes but cutting back on battalions is extremely possible.

Yes I’m in DU and we play a major role on the server if you really take a step back and look at it, and what battalions do you think should stay? We get deployed with everyone and have been deployed after the fact to help certain battalions in their events. 

Id say what Qal said. 2 per regiment would be good. but this is a good idea aswell bt id say 41st instead of 91st cause 41st is more well known etc and luminaria and barriss offee aswell. and maybe ct ;)

• Agree 2

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

11 hours ago, Dennis said:

Cough cough 

18! 😡 + reg

Remove so bde!

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Yeah, let's keep this from turning into a "well my battalion is more active than yours!"
If there's ever a removal of battalions, the unbiased standard of lore-accuracy and usefulness in adherence to lore is probably the best way. DU is reliable because of what they have become as a battalion, but that doesn't protect them from the standard above. We see them fight alongside 501st in the series, so. DU surviving as a 501st subunit would be cool. It balances out the Attack Battalions with both 212th and 501st having two subunits. (212th with 2ndAC and Parjai or Foxtrot)

20 minutes ago, Foxey said:

Yeah, let's keep this from turning into a "well my battalion is more active than yours!"
If there's ever a removal of battalions, the unbiased standard of lore-accuracy and usefulness in adherence to lore is probably the best way. DU is reliable because of what they have become as a battalion, but that doesn't protect them from the standard above. We see them fight alongside 501st in the series, so. DU surviving as a 501st subunit would be cool. It balances out the Attack Battalions with both 212th and 501st having two subunits. (212th with 2ndAC and Parjai or Foxtrot)

I fully agree lore should play a part since no one would ever budge on their battalion being effected. Battalions with more lore should stay.

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

Can I have your reasoning behind it?

Sure, it’s one of the most pivotal battalions recon wise and also houses a majority of the Jedi Masters as Generals.

When removing battalions you must also think of the side effects it has with the Jedi, you’d be snatching named masters out of certain battalions and putting them into different ones if not removing them entirely from the server.  

41st strategically fits on the server, also I like the 41st :^)

• Winner 1

1 hour ago, Alexz said:

I think people can have a reasonable discussion on this topic without getting all pissed at each other. The general consensus is that people on the server want less, it all just comes down to who should be removed and why.

I think a good portion of people can yes just a handful of individuals.

Also I do like some of the points others are making, and of course this is like a hypothetical post at least for now. I am interested in seeing other peoples thoughts tho on the subject  

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

Just cut the fat 327th, 91st are probably the easiest to get rid of first tbh 

(41st is better choice for recon imo)

187th purely from a server stand point is the most active and lore aside they are contributing positively to the play environment and that cannot be disregarded.

I don't agree with the cuts to SOBDE as BB is actually the most lore friendly at this point and they are actually operate as more of a battlion with subunits then anything and cutting them isn't going to make a difference.

DU as a subunit im okay with if to was similar to the 21st Nova Corps as they have worked extremely hard to make themselves stand out and get acknowledged by the community and the leadership (No lore subunit is proof of that)

Rancor just chilling being Rancor so that's cool too 

• Agree 4

The reasoning I believe we should have 91st over 41st is the lore relation with Bacara and Neyo, BUT I do agree with what you guys are saying about 41st, and I always believed they could be interchangeable.  IN The end. The Battalions that Offer the Most to the Server CONTENT, and LORE wise should be the ones (IF THIS was to happen Stay)

• Winner 1
12 hours ago, Dennis said:

Alright so before everyone mass dumbs me and calls this dumb really sit back and think about it. This is just a running theory that i have had in the back of my mind for a while now. I just want to see what others think i will try to explain some of my reasoning behind what battalion to keep and remove. 

501st and 212th Reason: Well we kinda have to and they are the main battalions in SWRP and in the clones war show. 

Dooms Unit: I know this will spark a conversation but if you think about it they are called in to help with every deployment and help in 9/10 situations. 

Rancor: However only keep the lore characters, alphas and a total of 30 people, have most of ARC be battalionized this way it stays elite. 

Now before the flame war starts before or the mass dumbs this is just food for thought it's just something i've been throwing around in my head. 

Removing battalions won't magically fix a server.

More valid points to "fix the server" would be: Revamping the GM program, more emphasis on passive RP instead of just events, among other things as these are the most complained about.

Removing battalions is a bandaid fix at best, while there are some battalions struggling, removing them doesn't solve any real problems besides saving people time and effort to help fix them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

32 minutes ago, Carter said:

187th purely from a server stand point is the most active and lore aside they are contributing positively to the play environment and that cannot be disregarded.

I feel as though when one begins to factor in activity and such regarding battalions, it clouds the air far more than we really want in these kinds of discussions. Like I argued above, we should find a more concrete standard and use that to weed things out. My personal opinion, though I know several who feel the same way.

7 minutes ago, Mitchel said:

More valid points to "fix the server" would be: Revamping the GM program, more emphasis on passive RP instead of just events, among other things as these are the most complained about.

Removing battalions is a bandaid fix at best, while there are some battalions struggling, removing them doesn't solve any real problems besides saving people time and effort to help fix them.

I agree with what you are saying here. However one of the many problems this server has, one of them is the OVER Saturation of Battalions. A MAX Server Population is 128. WE Have 4 ATK  Battalions, 3 RECON Battalions, 4 Specialized Battalions,  + SOBDE (Going to count as one BATT for this) In Total 12 Battalions WHICH could if evenly distributed have [128/12=10.66666....] People at a time NOT INCLUDING JEDI, and BO. (AND AFKs)

This can HELP with LOW Numbers in battalions because the server player base is Spread Out. Shorting the amount of Battalions  = Larger Battalions. 

Edited by Qal
  • Agree 1

187th is an easy out, but personally I think at this point the server just needs to work with what it has. The command structure is fine the way it is, with everyone having a designated role (inb4 remove SOBDE Reg).

I'll use 187th and Sith as examples. The community, at large, didn't want or ask for either of them but they were added anyway. Both initially thrived when they were new but were quickly thrown on the chopping block. Sith was given up on so easily that it almost seemed like a cash grab and received boundless contempt from the community. What was the consequence of removing it? Well, there's no more edgelords but there's also not really any incentive to leave the base and RP/murder an edgy boi. When was the last time you saw an outpost being manned? Never. Now the community is turning on battalions like 187th and extending this movement to cut down on batts because, honestly, I think they're bored.

Think about what it will REALLY do if you get something removed. You'll make people leave the community and months of hard work will go down the shitter. This pretty much happened with SO as well, despite them surviving as a husk because Gadget was a decent enough person to give them a second chance in the 21st. Instead of having a massive boner for "Add [useless thing here]" or "Remove [huge, game-changing thing]", I think we should try and find a compromise with what's there. Power voids needn't exist because of boredom and a need to see change. We (supposedly) have the ability to move the direction of the server as a community, so we need to be careful with things like these and think about the long-term. Removing battalions is the type of thing that KILLS servers.

Personally, I can think of things that exist on the server that AREN'T battalions that absolutely have to be removed or changed. Start small before you chop heads off.

This has been a Ratio Rant.

• Winner 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

2 minutes ago, Ratio said:

187th is an easy out, but personally I think at this point the server just needs to work with what it has. The command structure is fine the way it is, with everyone having a designated role (inb4 remove SOBDE Reg).

I'll use 187th and Sith as examples. The community, at large, didn't want or ask for either of them but they were added anyway. Both initially thrived when they were new but were quickly thrown on the chopping block. Sith was given up on so easily that it almost seemed like a cash grab and received boundless contempt from the community. What was the consequence of removing it? Well, there's no more edgelords but there's also not really any incentive to leave the base and RP/murder an edgy boi. When was the last time you saw an outpost being manned? Never. Now the community is turning on battalions like 187th and extending this movement to cut down on batts because, honestly, I think they're bored.

Think about what it will REALLY do if you get something removed. You'll make people leave the community and months of hard work will go down the shitter. This pretty much happened with SO as well, despite them surviving as a husk because Gadget was a decent enough person to give them a second chance in the 21st. Instead of having a massive boner for "Add [useless thing here]" or "Remove [huge, game-changing thing]", I think we should try and find a compromise with what's there. Power voids needn't exist because of boredom and a need to see change. We (supposedly) have the ability to move the direction of the server as a community, so we need to be careful with things like these and think about the long-term. Removing battalions is the type of thing that KILLS servers.

Personally, I can think of things that exist on the server that AREN'T battalions that absolutely have to be removed or changed. Start small before you chop heads off.

This has been a Ratio Rant.

Fuck, you said it right.

Honestly this is one of the biggest brained community suggestions I’ve ever seen and I’m honestly surprised. 

• Friendly 1

2 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

Honestly this is one of the biggest brained community suggestions I’ve ever seen and I’m honestly surprised.

It’s not a suggestion it’s a talking point and normally when a thread like this pops up people start being more active 

I’m not saying remove anyone now or at any time, but the server is spread thin with a lot of battalions.

Edited by Dennis
updating

I like this idea greatly. It allows for each battalion to prosper and be unique, and the added diversity of battalion sub-divisions such as wolfpack make it a good idea.

I think there should be at most 2 battalions for each section, to allow for some more diversity and choice for newer players.

9 minutes ago, Dennis said:

It’s not a suggestion it’s a talking point and normally when a thread like this pops up people start being more active 

I’m not saying remove anyone now or at any time, but the server is spread thin with a lot of battalions.

Talking points are healthy, yeah. It was more directed at the extreme people who want to remove everything and think that will make the server more fun.

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

I'm sad Naval isn't even on this list, I'mma bean you from entering the Venator. =P 

TBH though this list doesn't seem far off but just limiting in the end with what people want to play and what not. I'd be game in the long run if it meant "less battalions but more jobs"

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, Bro said:

I'm sad Naval isn't even on this list, I'mma bean you from entering the Venator. =P 

TBH though this list doesn't seem far off but just limiting in the end with what people want to play and what not. I'd be game in the long run if it meant "less battalions but more jobs"

If ya notice we didnt say jedi aswell (AKA just talking about normal Batts not VIP Batts)

4 hours ago, Qal said:

Attack Regiment:

1) 501st Legion

A) Torrent Company 

B) Doom's Unit

B) Ghost Company 

Specialized Battalions:

A) Wolfpacm

2) 21st Nova Corps

Recon Regiment:

Lightning Squad

2) RANCOR 

A) Alpha ARCs

1) Delta Squad

2) Omega Squad

3) (Possible 3rd Squad)

Security:

wheres null

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, Mitchel said:

Few things here is want to touch on brought up.

1. GM program rework? What are we going to rework? Telling GMs to do more deployments ? Do more events? forcing GMs to do things is the source of dull events or GM burnout which just starts the cycle all over again.

I would like to hear an actual solution/idea (Feel free to make VIP GM argument again)

2. Removing battalions would actually make it easier to have better designed deployments, I can't tell you the amount of times as a GM myself that I built a mission specifically catered to a battalion but to finish building everything and realizing that the battalion only had 4-7 people on at which point as a GM would be a waste so I bring more battalions in the beef up the numbers for deployment ( @Egg might remember my poisoned Kashykk series) which unfortunately results in for lack of a better term "too many cooks in the kitchen" which can turn things into a huge mess ( for example I designed a mission for battalion with no Jet troopers but now we have jet troopers flying around getting into areas early or skipping parts of the experience entirely)

Down sizing our number of battalions would make it much easier to have meaningful deployments if one battalion was the size of 3 battalions and allows GMs to actually deploy every battalion each week much easier.

3. Encouraging passive RP doesn't do anything and each time we try to force it there are riots because we are "Forcing people to RP" example of this would be outpost rotations that were on a schedule. No one likes being forced to go out and do a patrol or occupy a Outpost.

If BO trys to ask people to do a reactor check or come down for med check ups no one does it.

It's not up to just management to change these things as it's impossible to push it on our own without support from pretty much every Officer+ because they are the boots on the ground

22 minutes ago, Ratio said:

Talking points are healthy, yeah. It was more directed at the extreme people who want to remove everything and think that will make the server more fun.

I'm just going to quote this one  because it's easier on mobile.

I'll start with SO as it's the easiest to address.

SO was dead there was no ifs or buts about that, server management (Founders, Directors, Marshals, Regs, Palpy) all worked for over 6 months with the leadership and troopers of the battalion trying to get activity up or change practices (Which made it impossible to advance or do anything fun or make so someone could actually pass their tryouts (Deadass had higher requirements than SOBDE or GM to pass) 

The battalion was truly dead 2 people might have left because of the merg with GM but it was a husk long before that time.

Now for Sith/187th

Sith was a good idea in practice to allow the players to have conflict on their own terms unfortunately it dissolves into a poorly managed entity that was to point where it was unrecoverable. (Gray Jedi another example of this)

But it did cause what I think is an extremely important trend which is: "What kind of faction would add RP and fun to the server?" Which then led to Bounty Hunters being conceived and then approved by the community.

187th was the kind of the same deal people said they would play if there was 187th on the server and play they did.

From what pretty much everyone is saying is that 187th has the most active numbers on consistently which probably means they are having the most FUN consistently, BCMDs might want to take notes and look into that.

Regardless of lore people are actively working within the battalion and making the community and server enjoyable to a larger amount of people than most other battalions.

Do I think we needed another battalion? No I don't but I'm not going to deny the results of the people from that battalion.

Removing battalions does not equal killing fun if the battalions barely exist in the server.

• Agree 3

GM need to get more creativity and learn how to adapt to a lot of situations. That's why they ain't doing good events and reuse everything!

Now another thing we need monthly updates and new content.  [Not advertising] Recently a new server came out Defcon Gaming and jesus christ we look like A shark out of water compared to them. We need to spruce up 

• Winner 1
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Removing battalions does not equal killing fun if the battalions barely exist in the server.

You're definitely looking at the issue from an outside point of view. It's very easy for people who are often busy with other things that don't include actively playing on the server and seeing the course of it themselves. You'll find that a lot of the server's problems are not x battalion. A lot of them lie in the fact that people aren't using the tools that are in front of them and no one is pushing that initiative onto their fellow players. Staff and regular user alike.

Battalion activity is relative to time and how dedicated the leader is. 187th's activity was atrocious before Dreams, and it was like that even the first couple weeks in his term. You, yourself, said something similar about ST as well during my term, and with dedication, I fixed it. Same with 327th in comparison to Poe and after Poe. You have no ground to stand on for that statement.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

• Founder
Founder

What if we just switch to pony rp

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, ISNIFFPROPANE said:

3) (Possible 3rd Squad)

1 hour ago, ISNIFFPROPANE said:

wheres null

There TBH Nulls Cool, Think it could be in there I chose the First 2 SOBDE Squads to pop into my head. IMO We could have 2 or 3. DELTA is a must and I beleave OMEGA should be there aswell.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

GM need to get more creativity and learn how to adapt to a lot of situations. That's why they ain't doing good events and reuse everything!

Now another thing we need monthly updates and new content.  [Not advertising] Recently a new server came out Defcon Gaming and jesus christ we look like A shark out of water compared to them. We need to spruce up 

The main problem with that is unpredictably. The questions isn't How to make this fun? Its how to make it foolproof? The GM rules may be limiting but the big problem is the reaction to events and  treatment of events.  No Is to common of a answer to EJs.  But in lore this happened That doesnt make sense We have this All of those ruin the event Im not saying they cant make good foolproof events but if you treat it like this then they wont be common It takes work for this shit.  It saddens me when I see GMs be like half way through with a event and just be like im done because of problems created by players.  The fun events are either really well thought out events that can be ruined by simple things or Balls to the walls batshit insane stuff which is really fun IE there was a few deployments where is was just mayhem and that's fun.  Its a big problem in the community with the players not the GMs. I don't know how to fix it with out extreme shit IE purge extreme punishments. But its to late now. Trying to change a major thing like Semi-Serious to Serious is hard with out extreme shit.  It was to quick but with out enough effort and now were stuck in a limbo.  My main belief is just to cut events everytime there is a people trying to break it.  And let the community suffer.  We are trying to avoid the inevitable.  Players have to realize it better than a discord announcement-Zero  

1 hour ago, Juan_Cena said:

The main problem with that is unpredictably. The questions isn't How to make this fun? Its how to make it foolproof? The GM rules may be limiting but the big problem is the reaction to events and  treatment of events.  No Is to common of a answer to EJs.  But in lore this happened That doesnt make sense We have this All of those ruin the event Im not saying they cant make good foolproof events but if you treat it like this then they wont be common It takes work for this shit.  It saddens me when I see GMs be like half way through with a event and just be like im done because of problems created by players.  The fun events are either really well thought out events that can be ruined by simple things or Balls to the walls batshit insane stuff which is really fun IE there was a few deployments where is was just mayhem and that's fun.  Its a big problem in the community with the players not the GMs. I don't know how to fix it with out extreme shit IE purge extreme punishments. But its to late now. Trying to change a major thing like Semi-Serious to Serious is hard with out extreme shit.  It was to quick but with out enough effort and now were stuck in a limbo.  My main belief is just to cut events everytime there is a people trying to break it.  And let the community suffer.  We are trying to avoid the inevitable.  Players have to realize it better than a discord announcement-Zero  

I have seen gamemasters with 0/10 events again and again clearly there is something wrong with the GM. Even though the content on our server is dried up you can at least find a new idea! Take something for real world events or something! Also players don't ruin the events they play in it and the gamemaster has to adapt to the player choices.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

I have seen gamemasters with 0/10 events again and again clearly there is something wrong with the GM. Even though the content on our server is dried up you can at least find a new idea! Take something for real world events or something! Also players don't ruin the events they play in it and the gamemaster has to adapt to the player choices.

Again restating what I just said Ideas are not the problem the choice players make are.  Sure the GM program may have some flaws but what do you expect them to do?  Rework what? Rules on what? look at how much support this got  Players are the problem

1 hour ago, Juan_Cena said:

Again restating what I just said Ideas are not the problem the choice players make are.  Sure the GM program may have some flaws but what do you expect them to do?  Rework what? Rules on what? look at how much support this got  Players are the problem

I want the GM to get a new mindset that's what I want. You don't need rules or a wag of a finger! They need to adapt to the players and find routes to combat this. Trust me I was a GMO and players were hard to deal with but it's not impossible to counter the problem. Be creative and find some twists and turns

Banned

Imma state my opinions cause if you have been here a while you can agree. 
The server and genre is extremely boring
People are toxic 
Events are bad 
Events are the same
Too many battalions
Too many wipes
Good luck finding solutions to this ! 

• Funny 2
  • Winner 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Imma state my opinions cause if you have been here a while you can agree. 
People are toxic 
Events are bad 
Events are the same
Too many battalions
Too many wipes
Good luck finding solutions to this ! 

I don't want to seem like I disagree just to try to solve them

Move away from Lore(So doing stuff that will create fun)

(IDK how to solve this one)

You know what this just sounds like the server is dying.  I hope we find away out or we will be forced to use the SCP server as a noahs ark

• Funny 1
3 hours ago, Carter said:

Few things here is want to touch on brought up.

1. GM program rework? What are we going to rework? Telling GMs to do more deployments ? Do more events? forcing GMs to do things is the source of dull events or GM burnout which just starts the cycle all over again.

I would like to hear an actual solution/idea (Feel free to make VIP GM argument again)

2. Removing battalions would actually make it easier to have better designed deployments, I can't tell you the amount of times as a GM myself that I built a mission specifically catered to a battalion but to finish building everything and realizing that the battalion only had 4-7 people on at which point as a GM would be a waste so I bring more battalions in the beef up the numbers for deployment ( @Egg might remember my poisoned Kashykk series) which unfortunately results in for lack of a better term "too many cooks in the kitchen" which can turn things into a huge mess ( for example I designed a mission for battalion with no Jet troopers but now we have jet troopers flying around getting into areas early or skipping parts of the experience entirely)

Down sizing our number of battalions would make it much easier to have meaningful deployments if one battalion was the size of 3 battalions and allows GMs to actually deploy every battalion each week much easier.

3. Encouraging passive RP doesn't do anything and each time we try to force it there are riots because we are "Forcing people to RP" example of this would be outpost rotations that were on a schedule. No one likes being forced to go out and do a patrol or occupy a Outpost.

If BO trys to ask people to do a reactor check or come down for med check ups no one does it.

It's not up to just management to change these things as it's impossible to push it on our own without support from pretty much every Officer+ because they are the boots on the ground

I was suggesting more valid things to say would help the server. Based off of what people have complained about. I don't think the server is bad or needs to be "Saved" I am just pointing out more valid arguments than just chopping off battalions.

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

6 hours ago, Tinovious said:

put alpha into SO BDE where they belong in lore. Rancor don’t need a subunit whatsoever. They’re OP enough, unlimited arcs, great loudouts and all of the sort.

Not flaming you Tino. 
Why does SOBDE want Alpha when they rejected the idea of it a plethora of times before the idea was accepted ?

• Agree 1
49 minutes ago, Hero said:

Not flaming you Tino. 
Why does SOBDE want Alpha when they rejected the idea of it a plethora of times before the idea was accepted ?

Different people in different states of SO BDE 

also Lore.

• Funny 1

GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

20 hours ago, Dennis said:

Huh I wonder who made this server suggestion a little fuckin while ago and got roasted the shit out of

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Just cut the fat 327th, 91st are probably the easiest to get rid of first tbh 

(41st is better choice for recon imo)

I don't agree with the cuts to SOBDE as BB is actually the most lore friendly at this point and they are actually operate as more of a battlion with subunits then anything and cutting them isn't going to make a difference.

DU as a subunit im okay with if to was similar to the 21st Nova Corps as they have worked extremely hard to make themselves stand out and get acknowledged by the community and the leadership (No lore subunit is proof of that)

Rancor just chilling being Rancor so that's cool too 

So basically nothing changes 

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

People are toxic 
Events are bad 

You’re never on for mine 💔

29 minutes ago, Kunai said:

Bad Batch isn't needed. They're just Null rip offs but canon with their special enhancements. 

Most of what Null has for "lore" is Fannon or now considered Legends Bad batch is Cannon and everything about them is cannon if going from a pure lore only stand point they are the better fit. 

• Disagree 1

Banned
4 minutes ago, Kronos Jones said:

You’re never on for mine 💔

Thats cause im inactive also I was there for the riddle one and I got a bunch of people mad lol

• Winner 1

Just now, Cannon said:

Thats cause im inactive also I was there for the riddle one and I got a bunch of people mad lol

LOL I forgot about that, But it’s not like Anakin would do something different in that situation 

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

People are toxic 
Events are bad 
Events are the same
Too many battalions
Too many wipes

I guess i can try to address them but yea its a tough one one chief i agree a lot

1. that's just human nature the only thing we can do is just ignore them until they leave or change as a person

2. Join the staff team and make some events or leave good feedback on the AAR forms along with certain GMs needing to be removed IMO

3. GMs are afraid to try anything because out of the rotation events get bad rep from the player base unless done very well and there aren't very many GMs who have the experience to do them

4. I agree with this one just gotta try to cut out the fat and ones that are kinda dead and don't really help the server IMO

5. Wipes are tough cuz you never know how things will transition between people and things trying to be "updated" or made easier but yea Barc at-rt etc hurts my brain cuz people for like Pilot don't want to follow the same system cuz they are special

• Management

If you go off lore there is nothing saying you can’t utilize both Legends lore and Canon lore but both are ‘lore’ in that sense. If you cut one off then you can cut some really good aspects of the Clone Wars off. 
Fandom stuff is what we should stray away from and we shouldn’t be making up our own stuff.

Also,

39 minutes ago, Kunai said:

Bad Batch isn't needed. They're just Null rip offs but canon with their special enhancements. 

This is false. Bad Batch and Null are nothing alike. The only thing Bad Batch have on Null is that they’re in Disney’s Canon. Null have triple the lore than them and they are so much different.

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned
28 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Join the staff team

Thats a really funny joke bro

Not going to lie, this seems like the right step into this direction if that is where you all would like to go, yes seeing some batts go may hurt but in reality, we don't pull those numbers to have that many, they're all unique in a way but sometimes its best to limit what is available and only have the core batts that should be in the server. I didn't go and read all the comments either but it seems like there wasn't that much of disagreement (hatred towards one another) but more minor like who would go and who'd stay. This is what a community should be doing, coming together and trying to find ways to make it a better place and keeping it organized w/o clutter. So you know what, for once in a long time I will have to tip my hat to all of you for being democratic by solving solutions w/o trying to target one another like politicians do. Highly impressed.

Image result for Hat tip

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

1 thing I've saw with events is its most likely always the CIS, munis etc in CY. Ngl the new map isnt that great. I prefer endor. Its bigger, 3 outposts, more terrain etc and the base was decent. GMs dont do simple stuff like creative dropping techniques. Always drop pods. They dont play music which was a big event booster for me taught by @silvers it's so simple and makes it much better. Also this new base is really hard for GMs to get enemies into as it's so open and big. I have lots of good event ideas which I've spoken to people about and they said they really want it and sounds food etc and pursade me to go for GM as I do very RP events and I do build. But yano I got threw down the drain lmao but idk all i can think of is the maps pretty yano. It's too big now.

Edited by McFisher

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

People are toxic 

I find this true, the clicks of people on the server can get incredibly annoying sometimes. If it’s in game stuff then officers need to crack down on AOS’ing, even if it’s their own men. If it’s out in forums or TS then people need to get more comfortable with reporting jt

• Management
4 hours ago, McFisher said:

1 thing I've saw with events is its most likely always the CIS, munis etc in CY. Ngl the new map isnt that great. I prefer endor. Its bigger, 3 outposts, more terrain etc and the base was decent. GMs dont do simple stuff like creative dropping techniques. Always drop pods. They dont play music which was a big event booster for me taught by @silvers it's so simple and makes it much better. Also this new base is really hard for GMs to get enemies into as it's so open and big. I have lots of good event ideas which I've spoken to people about and they said they really want it and sounds food etc and pursade me to go for GM as I do very RP events and I do build. But yano I got threw down the drain lmao but idk all i can think of is the maps pretty yano. It's too big now.

The CIS is the main bad guy in the Clone Wars and there wasn't too much outside of that for the GAR to fight. I do not understand how people keep saying there's too many CIS related events... Like 90% of the show didn't have the CIS involved in it...

Anaxes is double the size of Endor. One of the Outposts were perma propped and shit on performance. The terrain was awful.

The one thing that Endor did right was the size of the base. Smaller is better. Being confined to a small place with people will result in interaction which is why I prefer Venators. Couldn't go anywhere without running into a friendly face/conversation.

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Alright so 327th is a core battalion on every server if anything they need a wipe before removal, and Dennis what your saying to remove things it would be Rancor and DU as they have very little lore(surprisingly less than 187th UK very confusing makes no sense) but Rancors ARC training can just be taken up by Alpha. 212th a d 501st main stays. 91st dont really add anything 42st is more loved yhen them so yeah. 21st cuz its 21st keep them. 104th they are 104th keep em. Shock is the police so we need em. 187th all though not much lore have the most active playerbase out of any battalion 

• Disagree 1
18 hours ago, Dennis said:

We aren’t just talking about activity we are talking about “usefulness” on the server and “lore friendly”. This isn’t meant to be a flame war it’s just the constant talk about what battalion is gonna be in theory “removed”

DU has 3 minutes in a TV show where your BCMD says move up. Same with Rancor. The battalion has somehow less lore than 187th so by your logic Rancor and DU should be removed 

Yes please remove a handful of battalions. There's no point calling your shit a battalion when it can hardly get a group of 4. Removing battalions and having a more centralised system will make the experience better. Who the Fuck wants to be in a dead battalion? There's no point in having dead ass batts when you can have 4/6 batts that are thriving.

Maybe if 187th had better models they'd be a solid choice to keep.

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

1 hour ago, justuscloud5 said:

Alright so 327th is a core battalion on every server if anything they need a wipe before removal, and Dennis what your saying to remove things it would be Rancor and DU as they have very little lore(surprisingly less than 187th UK very confusing makes no sense) but Rancors ARC training can just be taken up by Alpha. 212th a d 501st main stays. 91st dont really add anything 42st is more loved yhen them so yeah. 21st cuz its 21st keep them. 104th they are 104th keep em. Shock is the police so we need em. 187th all though not much lore have the most active playerbase out of any battalion 

Once again we aren’t trying to make this a who’s more active and a finger pointing fest of you should be removed or should they. This was meant to bring up the discussion of one of the many issues on the server. The battalions I said in my original post in my eyes, fit the servers needs for what people want / what is needed for the server to do well. Now there are many different variations to this mine is not an exact fix however like I said it’s a starting point.

also I strongly disagree with your statement that 187th has more lore it’s a toy battalion created by hasbro, if I’m missing anything else then drop a link in my DMs, we have been solely going off of lore and effectiveness that the battalion brings to the server. 

Edited by Dennis
Forgot

Veteran Admin

I feel as if 91st doesn't need to be removed because as to my knowledge has been very active recently and to what i have researched and watched from the clone wars tv series, they have a lot of lore and play a big part in someone of the battle in the clone wars, and yes they did have their ups and downs but i believe they should not be removed. Overall i think no battalions should be removed because it would get rid of the variety of battalions and new people you could meet and i feel as if some of the battalions you mentioned play a big part in the server and how people rp, in my opinion i feel people just need to stop being lazy if they want to take things seriously and maybe take problems into their own hands and if they cannot then communicate with higher ups. To go along with each battalion having their own thing i feel like we cannot really just take what one battalion did and just give it to another, i feel as if it would be a lot for the battalion to handle for example the 104th dealing with all vehicles, what if the 104th were to die out and there would be no one able to train for any vehicle and no newer players would be able to use any vehicle. Once again just keep everything as it is and just things like the GM, from experience there really is no push and motivation from doing events because 1: People don't give feedback that much, 2: People just don't appreciate the events. The GMs get very burnt out for not just those reasons but much more, i think people that are high command of the positions that have problems just take a second and pick out problems within their battalion/branch etc...... and fix them and talk with the community and ask them "What are the problems everyone sees and how can we improve them" i feel it would help out the battalions and such that are having issues and just keep everything as it is for now.

Edited by Clutch
Adding additional information

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

18 minutes ago, Clutch said:

I feel as if 91st doesn't need to be removed because as to my knowledge has been very active recently and to what i have researched and watched from the clone wars tv series, they have a lot of lore and play a big part in someone of the battle in the clone wars, and yes they did have their ups and downs but i believe they should not be removed. Overall i think no battalions should be removed because it would get rid of the variety of battalions and new people you could meet and i feel as if some of the battalions you mentioned play a big part in the server and how people rp, in my opinion i feel people just need to stop being lazy if they want to take things seriously and maybe take problems into their own hands and if they cannot then communicate with higher ups. To go along with each battalion having their own thing i feel like we cannot really just take what one battalion did and just give it to another, i feel as if it would be a lot for the battalion to handle for example the 104th dealing with all vehicles, what if the 104th were to die out and there would be no one able to train for any vehicle and no newer players would be able to use any vehicle. Once again just keep everything as it is and just things like the GM, from experience there really is no push and motivation from doing events because 1: People don't give feedback that much, 2: People just don't appreciate the events. The GMs get very burnt out for not just those reasons but much more, i think people that are high command of the positions that have problems just take a second and pick out problems within their battalion/branch etc...... and fix them and talk with the community and ask them "What are the problems everyone sees and how can we improve them" i feel it would help out the battalions and such that are having issues and just keep everything as it is for now.

Certain battalions already teach specific vehicle trainings to other people like 41st/91st already do Speeders and ATRTs and I’m sure other battalions can teach the other vehicles if 104th would possibly die out. I’m sure this could be more worked on with how vehicle trainings work but I think we could possibly have leaders of all the specific vehicles in each battalions like the medics which train people how to do drive these vehicles.

18 hours ago, Carter said:

187th was the kind of the same deal people said they would play if there was 187th on the server and play they did.

From what pretty much everyone is saying is that 187th has the most active numbers on consistently which probably means they are having the most FUN consistently, BCMDs might want to take notes and look into that.

Regardless of lore people are actively working within the battalion and making the community and server enjoyable to a larger amount of people than most other battalions.

Do I think we needed another battalion? No I don't but I'm not going to deny the results of the people from that battalion.

Hi Carter, I was the BCMD of the 187th most recently.

Now lads, let me say something... Ya'll wanna make the server good again? Wanna fix it?

Well you wont. Im sorry but you guys literally cant fix the server until you fix yourself first. Let me explain:

Have you ever thought that the servers not doing so well, cause its all quantity not quality?

The reason the 187th became to be so good recently was because I took a certain approach: I had fun with my men in teamspeak, and always had a laugh that was the key feature of the battalion, No toxicity whatsoever but have a laugh with the boys.

Cool downs on ranks? Yeah have em but dont make them over the top bro, Lets be real You dont see my officer core filled to the max, its AVG on numbers but we dont have a cool down lmao, Its about having fun, and playing, hosting events.

The recuirements was as follows:

CPL>SGT - Get SGT trained EZ

All of NCO ranks: Just have fun, be active, chill with the lads, do some doc work if your intel, Lead some events, lead the boys in a training, and overall perform.

Yes it was slightly stricter, and you didnt get promoted off the spot but for me, it was about making sure these lads remembered it was a game. Piss me off and sure, ill give you PT that'll burst blood vessels in your eyes apparently. But as long as youre having fun and playing and just doing your part thats all that matters.

When you got to officer it got bad, no lie but I made my troops take LOAs when I felt like they needed a break, I made sure they all knew they can leave for a break, play Halo or do other shit to take a break, you dont want to burn out your men, you want to look after them.

In terms of recruitment, yall got it wrong. Battalions out there adding recruitment to the requirements are backwards, no offence. Not from the start was there any type of proper requirement for recruitment, You dont make it a requirement you make it challenge, Or a game inside a game. Lads everyone loves credits, so give the person with most recruits credits. And what was weird, if we got low on events, people decided to take it upon themselves to go and do CC trainings a lot to get us BAT of the week for an event, what an absolute lad.

Its all about mucking around with the boys, but roleplaying properly and maintaining a character. I was always serious when I had to be in game, and I knew the rules and I follow them, when you learn to do that and transfer that into your battalion and troopers you can help the server out there.

As for removal of battalions, I agree some can go, but overall its dumb, the math has been done, but that doesnt account for the mass AFKers that lurk during prime time, If we go back to when we hit 128/128 every prime time, youll find battalions still had a down fall in numbers cause its all luck, who can get on first. Im australian so I had to wait forever, but when we got deployed we all went and rocked solid numbers and we waited till we could get on, For instance, you might have some 41st AFK and they get kicked, and some 212th are waiting to join, they get in and replace the 41st who just got kicked and now the 212ths numbers are up while 41st are down, thats quick maf

But the issue here is, we need to stop thinking about the digits guys, It'd be great if we could use the ratio about too many battalions but that doesnt matter when you cant push out 128/128 anyway to fullfill the stats... If a battalion is dead during prime time now, theres slots available for people to join and boost it. So how will removing battalions help server population?

Lets say your removing a battalion with 8 people.

Youre not getting 8 people back on the server, or 8 new people to boost numbers, No No no, Youre just moving 8 others away into another location, and when they become the biggest, the cycle repeats. Lets focus on just getting new players interested into the server before we worry about removing battalions homeslice.

Lets work on fixing the current people on the server and them it will attract others cause we a quality not quantity, EZ Fix.

Edited by Dreams-
  • Winner 4

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

I agree with Dennis on some parts of this but, when high staff that are never on the damn server and say they know how to fix stuff. @Carter when was the last time you got on the server and just, played. All you do is just make comments on the forums but in my 1 year on the server I've seen you on the server a max of 2 times. I understand that you "get information from your staff" but you just make tone deaf decisions that help nobody. You changed banning rules for some reason and all it did was go easy on racist pieces of trash. You changed encounters to "Scenarios" instead of just fixing encounters because all you get is other peoples opinions and not your own. This may have been toxic but it's what a lot of people think.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

My approach as a 501st Jedi Commander I think is not common anymore, sadly. I will be speaking about how to improve the interactions in battalion, because, in my eyes, that is the problem, the not enough interaction in between other battalions and the people in your battalion,

First of all I mostly focus on the new guys, enlisted for the most part (PVT-SGT) getting them all comfortable with the battalion, welcoming them, after all we all got hyped when a higher up call our name for good. When I see a new recruit, I simply greet them, make me fit with the battalion and get them to a target practice in the CC room so I can see what they can do and then tell them how do have done it, every new guy goes through it. I make patrols commonly and everytime I have asked if any battalions wanted to come, because nowadays everyones on their own, before we used to be moving a lot with people from another battalions. 

I am not the officer who makes good jokes, but I can compensate with me having a lot of experience during previous times in the 501st, during my year and a half on the server, I have been ONLY 501st, nothing more. There were brakes in between, after all i am human. Right now, I am mostly trying to guide NCOs to lead better, even enlisted, encouraging them. For a battalion to work, I think it needs fun, interaction and the roleplay. I have got the interaction and the roleplay, I am lacking in entertaining the boys, that is why I adore the 501st officers, these bunch know how to entertain the shinies.

@Dreams- I am completely with you on that. I also think the people are to blame for the most part.

We need to drill the roleplay into the new generation so they can carry it on. The higher ups need to be the example, creating many intercations. All the higher ups, naval, senators, commander, officers, everyone with a position to make these things happen. 

Grow and prosper in my eyes. Thank youu!

31 minutes ago, Dreams- said:

Youre not getting 8 people back on the server, or 8 new people to boost numbers, No No no, Youre just moving 8 others away into another location, and when they become the biggest, the cycle repeats. Lets focus on just getting new players interested into the server before we worry about removing battalions homeslice.

The idea is to consolidate those 8 people into other battalions, turning a bunch of 8 member battalions into a couple battalions. That way the battalions online are of higher numbers. This same logic would apply to a full server of 128/128 or a server of just 10/128. We're just decreasing the amount of bread on which any amount of butter can spread. 

56 minutes ago, A-a-ron said:

I agree with Dennis on some parts of this but, when high staff that are never on the damn server and say they know how to fix stuff. @Carter when was the last time you got on the server and just, played. All you do is just make comments on the forums but in my 1 year on the server I've seen you on the server a max of 2 times. I understand that you "get information from your staff" but you just make tone deaf decisions that help nobody. You changed banning rules for some reason and all it did was go easy on racist pieces of trash. You changed encounters to "Scenarios" instead of just fixing encounters because all you get is other peoples opinions and not your own. This may have been toxic but it's what a lot of people think.

While I have worked closely with chambers / carter during my time as doom as him being a former doom and me as an HA I can tell you that he has the best intentions for what he does, he has been here longer than any of us for the most part and has put countless amounts of hours into this server and game. While I can’t speak for him he is currently on LOA due to IRL issues and like everyone says IRL over the server cuz at the end of the day it is a game. 

I would also like to keep in mind to people this isn’t a flame thread or a place to complain about staff, there are places for that here this isn’t it. 

This is just like foxey said we have a lot of bread and not a lot of butter to go around. While everyone has good points at the end of the day it comes down to us as a community wanting and being open to change. This starts at the bottom of the guy that just joined to joah. We as a community need to come together and solve the problems head on and not try and sit here fighting between ourselves that will only make problems worse. 

Like many people have pointed out good and bad flaws this discussion has brought out underlying issues people have so that high staff and high command can try and address them the best they can but they are the few and we are the many who will be the ones to lead the change. The time is now with the new year no help make the server a great place to be and a place people want to be.

• Winner 1

6 hours ago, Foxey said:

The idea is to consolidate those 8 people into other battalions, turning a bunch of 8 member battalions into a couple battalions. That way the battalions online are of higher numbers. This same logic would apply to a full server of 128/128 or a server of just 10/128. We're just decreasing the amount of bread on which any amount of butter can spread. 

I mean when 91st 327th 38th and RM were removed a lot of ppl dissapeared and when most recently sith was removed a good 20 ppl left

20 hours ago, Hero said:

Not flaming you Tino. 

People beforehand always rejected the idea of having the Alpha ARC’s in SO BDE for some odd reason. Me on the other hand, I’m a firm believer that alpha would be better in SO BDE. They’d be able to have dedicated jobs, models, the lore accurate buffs and all of the sort. I’ve heard recently that alpha doesn’t even have to follow Rancor’s rules or something, which is really weird because if they don’t follow the rule then why are they their sub battalion? IMO Rancor doesn’t need a sub unit and all the retards that dumb me for this are 5heads. Rancor legit gets unlimited ARC jobs, a op load out and multiple other factors. Plus alpha is SO BDE in lore and I know that every arc trooper in lore was SO BDE but you know that was before arc troopers became a regular sight in the GAR with the clone wars season.

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

I have to agree theres too much stuff on this server, some of of has to go.

I know that Im going to get downvoted for suggesting this but I think we should remove RANCOR and Just Keep Hammer Havoc,Colt and Blitz as high command jobs and make Alpha ARC part of SOBDE  and remove all the other Rancor jobs

Edited by Rexko Xeros
  • Agree 1

I agree, almost everyone has a sub unit, I think it’s legit only 187th that don’t and I’m happy they’re not asking for one. Like wtf is havoc squad. Everyone wanted to be special and have a sub unit, like c’mon, do we really need lightning squad. I talk about this all the time in TS.

• Funny 1
21 minutes ago, IKE said:

I agree, almost everyone has a sub unit, I think it’s legit only 187th that don’t and I’m happy they’re not asking for one. Like wtf is havoc squad. Everyone wanted to be special and have a sub unit, like c’mon, do we really need lightning squad. I talk about this all the time in TS.

https://dooms-unit-havoc-squad.fandom.com/wiki/Havoc_Squad

• Funny 1

Allow VIP's to apply for gamemaster, you'll get a huge influx of bright, creative gamemasters that are keen to run events for the community. Staff are forced to run events because it's their job, VIP's will not be forced to run events as they are volunteering for it, and not assuming any type of staffing responsibility. You've seen how dead Icefuse is lmao, look at how they run their events, now look at other communities that have volunteer GMs, and see how much they are thriving.

What if someone makes a server suggestion that would make a commission of non-bias staff and high command people to decide what they see as a core issue and what they recommend  as a possible solution. This could include looking into battalions and figuring out what is needed and what isn’t. They could report not removing any battalions and propose something else.  After they report their findings to high staff and then the community, we could use their suggestions to make a full server suggestion based on their input. They could have as strict or broad authority as they are allowed by high staff . I think a group of people looking into the issue may help instead of person making a suggestion or decision. I don’t know just came to the top of my head and I’m only spitballing ideas out. Feel free to provide feedback on this all you want, it was only an idea.

• Funny 3
3 hours ago, IKE said:

dont ask for what you dont need ez

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

Sorry for the double post but after posting that little meme I had a good point to bring up.

Less in this scenario really is more.  I don't want to get too much into lore because it can cripple a lot of fun but you would never see the amount of battalions that we have all at one base together. By reducing the amount of battalions to about 8 or less then there can be so much potential in battalions.

Think about all the officer spots in the chain of command that are open because there are not enough people to fill those spots or that there are so few of them you never see half of them on. 

Imagine having a battalion with about 15+ people on at any given time having big actual trainings and missions. Deployments with just your own battalion on the mission which you CAN DO because you are BIG ENOUGH. You can finally section your battalion into squads that are useful! No more Alpha Squad and Bravo Squad just merging together because there are so few of you but actual squad leads, coordination and multitasking! 

Think about how much you could strive to become an officer and feel accomplished due to your hard work and rarity of the position! Let's be honest nearly half the server at the moment is just officers and the ratio from lower troops to officers is way off.

I don't want to list who we should keep or get rid of because that is a whole other topic but the idea of lessening the battalions is something I have always dreamed about. Just a few battalions with massive sizes and side roles to fit all your needs. 

Edited by Keo (old Pheonix)
Autocorrect messed up my grammar
  • Agree 3

All the lore for havok squad is Fandom stuff. No sources nothing legit. Just made up.

But I do agree the server is a bit full of choices... 4 sobde squads, alpha, rancor, 41st, 91st, 21st, 501st, 212th, 327th, 187th, Doom's unit, Shock, 104th, jedi and base ops.

But removing one will annoy people. Remove sub branches less so. Ghost company and KU, if I'm not mistaken run in a smart way, same with DU's Havok Squad (even though they dont technically exist) with just names and or body groupers. But then there torrent company who could do the same. Removing some batts would not go amiss but which ones, each batt goes from bad to amazing to mingy to inactive.

Like DU was quite mingy for a while but now they are pretty active.

21st was super active beginning of the year, died after I resign and they had not Bacara, revived now with a Bacara and CMDs.

187th was often the but of everyone jokes for activity and the lack of them, but they have shown progress to remedying that.

Base Ops "are there any base ops online to let me out?" Was a common message, now not as much.

That's just a few examples. 

The thing is we are judging the server performance at what is the least active time of the year.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

• Retired Founder

I don't really know much about starwars, nor the lor or anything related with in-game battalions

But, as much as it may rustle from jimmies, there needs to be some "fat" cutting. There's just way too many battalions and squads, new players have to look at a list of 20+ different job categories and probably are overwhelmed considering only a few slots of each are getting used at once.

Reduce and/or remove the clutter, merge and or fully remove redundant "squads"/battalions, make sure BCMD/RCMD are consistently active, and if they aren't, Director(s) or H.C. should step in and remove them.

Honestly without strong leaders, commanders, and game masters curating roleplay for the normal player, there's literally nothing to do. I just see people spamming their tryout binds, all huddling in their private bunks, and very little interaction outside of events.

Just my 2c

• Agree 4

z5dGuiK.gif