Forum - Add +1 or -1 reaction

SR_Shaw

Name: Shaw

Suggestion: Add +1 or -1 reactions

Why should we implement this? So that when a application is posted or a suggestion is posted people can react on the original post with either so that Directors or HAs can get a better tally and act faster instead of counting every single post. [These will not effect reputations]

How will this improve the Forums? Provide faster acting judgments either to deny or accept something on the forums.

47 minutes ago, silvers said:

I feel like that's just the Agree and Disagree reaction. Also for +1s and -1s through text, people can put their reasoning behind it which gives the reader a broader understanding 

Yeah people can still do that but what im saying is to add those so that they can be placed on the post and people can click it either approving it or denying it so it makes it easier for suggestions and apps to go through at a faster pace instead of having to go through and count everyones +1 or -1 it also doesn't effect player rep unless people want it to.

Edited by SR_Shaw
  • Retired Founder

Honestly I feel as though this would be a great quality of life addition to the forums that can be used to simplify applications and suggestions that will de-clutter the comments section.

If we move the voting to be on the post itself, it will free the comment sections for information, opinions, questions/answers and other general knowledge of the topic post.

+1

-1 just use agree/disagree

most of the time feedback isn’t limited to just a vote anyway. 
not needed imo

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder

Moving official "VOTES" like +1 and -1 to reputation is not something I believe would be beneficial. It removes the need to comment your opinion, and also would make the forum rep system based on your "votes", as in someone whom is a popular Admiral may have a higher rep simply because he applied for a CMD position and received 30 +1s, when in reality they were only votes on the application.

Locked/Closing and denied.

z5dGuiK.gif