Forum - Remove or change Dumb reaction.

SR_Shaw

Name: Shaw

Suggestion: Remove or change Dumb Reaction so it doesn't effect reputation.

Why should we implement this? People have been complaining and throwing around hate and such with the dumb tag to hurt peoples reputation on the forums and their overall opinions, so having it removed or changed as stated above would seriously tone down the "witch hunting" and "Mass Dumbing" problems we have on the forums.

How will this improve the Forums? Would remove toxic individuals ability to constantly effect other peoples ratings with "Mass Dumbs" and effectively help create and environment in which people can actually give their opinions freely without the constant bullying that happens on the forums currently.

• Disagree 2
  • Funny 2

+1 I agree with this for one becuase on other communities I played on they don’t even have a dumb reaction it’s just a simple agree or disagree, the dumb reaction honestly for most people I would assume they get a basically a you fucking retard vibe and I think it just causes more issues then anything, I would just leave it as Agree, Disagree and the other ones being funny, cause it’s better to have some just react as disagree so it’s like yeah the idea isn’t bad but I disagree instead of just straight up this shit is dumb, and leave it to affect your rep but I think the way people view it will change and also the mentality of people when they get a disagree reaction, there is literally no need for it since it just causes issues so get rid of it and the server that I’m talking about it fine without having it, we have it and it creates a lot of drama which is why the server is so drama filled nowadays 

(I was going to make a suggestion about getting rid of this but seems like you got to it first)

Edited by Felix

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

• Retired Founder

I think this suggestion is dumb, so I rated your post dumb, does this make me a bully?

If you're really having issues with people harassing each other it needs to be brought up to the proper channels; people have been forum ban in the past for "abusing" the rep system.
There's also a difference between posting something in which people disagree with, and rate you dumb, or one person going out of their way to spam dumb your last 30 posts

Removing a system because a few people had their feelings hurt is kinda dumb, it's literally forum reputation, I mean @Sanchez Resident became a Director with like 8 forum warnings so in reality I don't think you should take it too seriously

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 7

z5dGuiK.gif

1 minute ago, Ron said:

I think this suggestion is dumb, so I rated your post dumb, does this make me a bully?

If you're really having issues with people harassing each other it needs to be brought up to the proper channels; people have been forum ban in the past for "abusing" the rep system.
There's also a difference between posting something in which people disagree with, and rate you dumb, or one person going out of their way to spam dumb your last 30 posts

Removing a system because a few people had their feelings hurt is kinda dumb, it's literally forum reputation, I mean @Sanchez Resident became a Director with like 8 warnings so in reality I don't think you should take it too seriously

I mean it does also say "change" so I mean you are really focusing on one side of this suggestion.

I mean I personally dumb posts that are... well, dumb. Posts wherein the content is not thought out or lacks any real foundation. It's a useful little reaction.
Forum Reputation isn't everything. If your feelings are hurt, well, walk it off. It's just a game in the end. 

Just now, Foxey said:

I mean I personally dumb posts that are... well, dumb. Posts wherein the content is not thought out or lacks any real foundation. It's a useful little reaction.
Forum Reputation isn't everything. If your feelings are hurt, well, walk it off. It's just a game in the end. 

No I agree that it plays a role but tbf it does cause alot of issues with people.

it’s the internet. What do you expect? 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder

I feel as though the dumb react, if used properly, is a great addition to the forums in such that it allows people to state that the post that they are reacting to is... dumb.

For example, if someone states that something is a fact, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi was Jedi General of 327th, you could rate this post dumb as it's obviously the person being dumb.

People should just use the forums and all parts of it as intended, or should be reported/punished.

• Winner 1

Welcome to the internet, also, WELCOME TO LIFE! Just ignore your forum rep as it doesn't mean jack shit. Who cares if someone dumb'ed your post or disagreed with it. So be it, last time I checked our lives didn't revolve around on how others perceive us but how we perceive ourselves to be successful, so everyone needs to grow up and act like civilized beings and move on. -1 on the suggestion.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Just post things with solid evidence, factual and solid. If you don't, you will get Dumbed.

For instance, the 91st Heavy post, If Dumb was removed, You and The dude who put it up would not be able to dumb my factual paragraph that includes evidence. You are one of the people who dumb people cause they disagree with what you have to say. So I am going to -1 this as the person putting it up also uses the dumb emoji for reasons

Edited by Dreams-

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

-1 some people just have them dumb vibes and I think It'd be nice for them to know. Sometimes when I see a serious post that's dumb but ironically funny. I will give it a laugh rep, not effecting their rep but effecting how seriously they think they're taking.

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Banned
On 12/4/2019 at 10:09 PM, Rose said:

*Shrugs*

cringe

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

• Retired Founder

I'm removing the dumb's from this post. Half are memes, and the other half are unjust. You shouldn't dumb people because you disagree, you should dumb them because they said something genuinely stupid. 

Shaw's rep shouldn't take a slap for his opinion, which he backed up with personal points.

Grow up kids.

• Agree 2
42 minutes ago, Zim said:

I'm removing the dumb's from this post. Half are memes, and the other half are unjust. You shouldn't dumb people because you disagree, you should dumb them because they said something genuinely stupid. 

Shaw's rep shouldn't take a slap for his opinion, which he backed up with personal points.

Grow up kids.

Zim, there’s always gonna be disagreements with things and people are always going to use the dumb reaction for people they disagree with, because it’s human nature to think things you don’t agree with are “dumb”. What about the countless other people who got dumb spammed? 

just saying if you’re gonna do it for him solely on this occasion it should be done for everyone else. It’s a reaction on the internet it ain’t that deep.

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder
1 minute ago, Kronos Jones said:

Zim, there’s always gonna be disagreements with things and people are always going to use the dumb reaction for people they disagree with, because it’s human nature to think things you don’t agree with are “dumb”. What about the countless other people who got dumb spammed? 

just saying if you’re gonna do it for him solely on this occasion it should be done for everyone else. It’s a reaction on the internet it ain’t that deep.

People gotta learn to use "disagree" simple as that homie.
Also, I don't remain active enough to cover everyone that has been dumb spammed. Needs to get reported or noticed. 

• Winner 1