REAL SHIT

Aquadango

what item are you reffering to?

The knife?  If thats the case i think the rules  are something along the lines of...
- You cannot run out in a large portion in MHB/Long hall to knife an enemy/NPC.
I.e if youre in CY or a long hallway you dont go chasing after a droid/enemy with a knife like a serial killer.
- Only people who are allowed to use a knife in wide open areas are Wrecker/Hunter.
-You may not knife Rakghouls/Infectious enemies (Realistically this wouldnt happen)
-You may not knife Lightsaber users (because knife cant beeat lightsaber but the damage is OP lolw) 
-Knives may be used for assassination/Interrogation (i think)

Only scenario the knife is allowed to be used is in CQC. I.e if youre in a small room with a droid or a droid is cornering/enclosing on you so a knife is a viable melee attack. If it is running by you, you can swipe at it like...once or twice before needing to switch back to your gun, since chasing after stuff with knives isn't allowed.

I may be missing some things. I know SO and Omega are allowed to use knives for assasinations if a Gamemaster allows it. 
Tl;dr everyone 'is' allowed to use it. However some have a better allowance of wide usage for it. 

Edited by Scribbles
19 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

what item are you reffering to?

The knife?  If thats the case i think the rules  are something along the lines of...
- You cannot run out in a large portion in MHB/Long hall to knife an enemy/NPC.
I.e if youre in CY or a long hallway you dont go chasing after a droid/enemy with a knife like a serial killer.
- Only people who are allowed to use a knife in wide open areas are Wrecker/Hunter.
-You may not knife Rakghouls/Infectious enemies (Realistically this wouldnt happen)
-You may not knife Lightsaber users (because knife cant beeat lightsaber but the damage is OP lolw) 
-Knives may be used for assassination/Interrogation (i think)

Only scenario the knife is allowed to be used is in CQC. I.e if youre in a small room with a droid or a droid is cornering/enclosing on you so a knife is a viable melee attack. If it is running by you, you can swipe at it like...once or twice before needing to switch back to your gun, since chasing after stuff with knives isn't allowed.

I may be missing some things. I know SO and Omega are allowed to use knives for assasinations if a Gamemaster allows it. 
Tl;dr everyone 'is' allowed to use it. However some have a better allowance of wide usage for it. 

Yeah the knife.  It's one mil and yet we are restricted to use it to only in certain situations because of  reasons that make no fucking sense.
It's not even op like the light saber riffle or the flamethrower.

Edited by Aquadango
Just now, Aquadango said:

Yeah the knife.  It's one mil and yet we are restricted to use it to only in certain situations because of  reasons that make no fucking sense.
It's not even op like the light saber riffle or the flamethrower.

Its actually quite powerful if you land hits. 800-1k damage a slash (if i recall right)
The left click is extremely fast and can lower a full HP event job to 1k within 7 hits.
Normally it will 1 shot most NPCs if the GM is following the HP rules. 

Just now, Scribbles said:

Its actually quite powerful if you land hits. 800-1k damage a slash (if i recall right)
The left click is extremely fast and can lower a full HP event job to 1k within 7 hits.
Normally it will 1 shot most NPCs if the GM is following the HP rules. 

Still I think players who spend the money should be able to use it regardless.

Just now, Aquadango said:

Still I think players who spend the money should be able to use it regardless.

It used to be like that because the knife was pretty lackluster (i.e doing 200 damage at most until it got buffed)
After the buff  Only then reason restrictions were added are to prevent people from going rambo with a very powerful knife.

Just now, Scribbles said:

It used to be like that because the knife was pretty lackluster (i.e doing 200 damage at most until it got buffed)
After the buff  Only then reason restrictions were added are to prevent people from going rambo with a very powerful knife.

But that's what I'm saying. NCPS don't have feelings so the player interaction isn't negative. Why restrict the players weapon choice. Maybe in PvP combat but, people who host PvP combat should restrict it if they REALLY don't like the knife. It just seems like a change just for change sake.