Jagger - Salvation from Darkness part 1

Jagger

Name: Jagger

Who helped (If applicable): Foxey (Shadow), Matt, Rick

Event Name: Dark Salvations part 1

Summary of the story: 2 Sith Brothers had escaped a Sith cult, wishing to seek refugee and covert to the light at the republic base; all the while being hunted down by Sith soldiers and Acolytes. The Sith cult decided to chase after them and try to kill the traitors.

What was the result of the event?: The newly converted Sith were protected, sent to Coruscant to become Jedi, and the Sith Cult was repelled

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Roleplaying, shootemup

Edited by Jagger
Words

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

5 minutes ago, Tyennoch said:

8/10 Get a helper to spawn things while you do things elsewhere

Will do, def what I'm gonna do next time. The person who was going to help me had to go AFK sadly, so I had to try and make do with that.

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

8/10

Sorry for such a late Rating, however I wanted to let it Simmer before I did, and MingeCon Spooktober edition has kept me a little distracted. While my time on Synergy hasn't been that long in Days, I have been pretty actively on during the time I've been here, and it didn't take long for me to realize that this is where I wanted to be. A Big part of what I like about Synergy, is the diversity of Events, ranging from Econs to Deployments [Something I sadly haven't gotten to experience yet]. While I wasn't blown away by every event, I haven't ran into an event that I hated, and coming from someone who was just about to become a GM on Lunar Networks before it was promptly shut down, I think it's helped me have a better appreciation for not only GM's, but the creativity it requires. 

On Lunar Network, things were handled a lot differently, with what's called Deployments here, being Events, although on the Main Server, while we had Activities that are pretty much Econs but with more Droids, and depending on the GM, more Bombs. Part of what I love about how Synergy handles this kind of stuff, is how Natural things feel, with an Econ being the Result of Patrols, or Players having a lot more of an impact on what's going on around them. 

As you pointed out, you couldn't spawn Drop Pods, which leads to part of why I enjoyed this event so much, the creativity of how it was handled. You couldn't give us typical Indicators, so you used Adverts to your advantage, showing that not only do you know what you're doing, you also know the importance of what you do. I've been in events where Droids spawned behind us repeatedly, as well as events where I had no idea where contacts were, and where you spawned the Cultists, for the most part were pretty spot on. While it's something that can be difficult to be precise, the different enemy type, as well as the added tension, made the Event greater over all, however it didn't always fit. On one part, an entire of Row of Sith just teleported to the start of the Stairs in the Temple, and when the Pillboxes would occasionally just have a group of Sith get stuck  ontop of them. 

While both the concept, and the method were great, they could use some improvement. Like Droids, Cultists aren't going to have any form of Self Preservation, however unlike Droids and their Predictable Programming, Cultists are far more erratic. You don't have to spawn them in bunches, which would add to a lot more Tension, and although it might be harder to track, it'd add a lot more Tension. Sith deal in Absolutes, and clearly the Sith leading this Charge didn't expect Jedi to just murder the his Apprentice. We're always told that "they'll be back, and they'll be stronger!", but it rarely happens if it does, let this be the Rare occasion it does. I look forward to seeing more from you, and again, good work on the Event. 

• Winner 1
On 10/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, Dubz said:

8/10

Sorry for such a late Rating, however I wanted to let it Simmer before I did, and MingeCon Spooktober edition has kept me a little distracted. While my time on Synergy hasn't been that long in Days, I have been pretty actively on during the time I've been here, and it didn't take long for me to realize that this is where I wanted to be. A Big part of what I like about Synergy, is the diversity of Events, ranging from Econs to Deployments [Something I sadly haven't gotten to experience yet]. While I wasn't blown away by every event, I haven't ran into an event that I hated, and coming from someone who was just about to become a GM on Lunar Networks before it was promptly shut down, I think it's helped me have a better appreciation for not only GM's, but the creativity it requires. 

On Lunar Network, things were handled a lot differently, with what's called Deployments here, being Events, although on the Main Server, while we had Activities that are pretty much Econs but with more Droids, and depending on the GM, more Bombs. Part of what I love about how Synergy handles this kind of stuff, is how Natural things feel, with an Econ being the Result of Patrols, or Players having a lot more of an impact on what's going on around them. 

As you pointed out, you couldn't spawn Drop Pods, which leads to part of why I enjoyed this event so much, the creativity of how it was handled. You couldn't give us typical Indicators, so you used Adverts to your advantage, showing that not only do you know what you're doing, you also know the importance of what you do. I've been in events where Droids spawned behind us repeatedly, as well as events where I had no idea where contacts were, and where you spawned the Cultists, for the most part were pretty spot on. While it's something that can be difficult to be precise, the different enemy type, as well as the added tension, made the Event greater over all, however it didn't always fit. On one part, an entire of Row of Sith just teleported to the start of the Stairs in the Temple, and when the Pillboxes would occasionally just have a group of Sith get stuck  ontop of them. 

While both the concept, and the method were great, they could use some improvement. Like Droids, Cultists aren't going to have any form of Self Preservation, however unlike Droids and their Predictable Programming, Cultists are far more erratic. You don't have to spawn them in bunches, which would add to a lot more Tension, and although it might be harder to track, it'd add a lot more Tension. Sith deal in Absolutes, and clearly the Sith leading this Charge didn't expect Jedi to just murder the his Apprentice. We're always told that "they'll be back, and they'll be stronger!", but it rarely happens if it does, let this be the Rare occasion it does. I look forward to seeing more from you, and again, good work on the Event. 

WOW. Thank you for such in-depth feedback. It's stuff like this that tells me EXACTLY what to improve/change/keep going with.

To address your points in a timely and brief manner:

showing that not only do you know what you're doing, you also know the importance of what you do.

1. This was in fact my first event! So to hear that, it tells me I 'm heading in the right direction.

On one part, an entire of Row of Sith just teleported to the start of the Stairs in the Temple, and when the Pillboxes would occasionally just have a group of Sith get stuck  ontop of them. 

2. I wasn't aware they were getting stuck like that. I'll make changes to where they spawn around it instead. The Sith at the temple were suppose to be the strike force that were tracking the Lost Sith converts, attacking with the Sith Apprentices leading the assault. Its also difficult trying to spawn in enemies for the entire server while trying to watch the event jobs/story as things progress all around the map. Duly noted!

While both the concept, and the method were great, they could use some improvement. Like Droids, Cultists aren't going to have any form of Self Preservation, however unlike Droids and their Predictable Programming, Cultists are far more erratic. You don't have to spawn them in bunches, which would add to a lot more Tension, and although it might be harder to track, it'd add a lot more Tension.

3.  I'll also see about spawning cultists like that in a "3-man-bunch" instead of a horde like droids, that makes sense. I also want to see about having Sith "Charge" the base like fanatics, but its hard to do so when I need to spawn them in, switch tools in the menu, select them, manually move them, and hope they don't get stuck. That, or spawn them on top of people which isn't very fun. I'll see about making more use of event jobs in the future -- though event jobs don't always consistently get the job like how I want it done.

Sith deal in Absolutes, and clearly the Sith leading this Charge didn't expect Jedi to just murder the his Apprentice. We're always told that "they'll be back, and they'll be stronger!", but it rarely happens if it does, let this be the Rare occasion it does.

4. This was part 1 of 3. :)

I look forward to seeing more from you, and again, good work on the Event. 

5. And you will! If all things permit so, of course. I will continue to craft more story-driven events with emphasis on quality over quantity. Thank you once again for your tremendous feedback!

We hope you enjoy your stay from Lunar Networks, and you continue to enjoy your time here on Synergy.

Edited by Jagger
Words
  • Friendly 1