Synyster - Assault on the Listening Post

Synyster

Name: Synyster

Who helped (If applicable): Skip

Event Name: Assault on the Listening Post

Summary of the story: Commando Droids infiltrated the base in disguised and successfully stole republic files on troop movements. However, the droids also tripped a silent alarm when they also stole a failsafe file that's designed to keep people from getting away with stealing files. After they escaped the base, they were held up at a listening outpost. Their strike team commander sent them reinforcements of all forms to assist while they ready an extraction transport.

What was the result of the event?: After a long and hard fought battle, the droids almost escaped, but were shot down as they were nearly out of range. Republic do good, CIS do bad. 

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Shoot em up

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

I give this a 2. I give this a 2 because of how poorly the GM and Event jobs was very bad. First off lets start with the GM. I was a mastiff that picked up on the smell when the commandos was walking in CT armor, when  picked up on this and my handler and me with some 21st trapped the commando in CT bunk. This is where the GM comes into play he said he it is meta-gaming so he stopped are RP and teleport the Commando away so he would not get stopped. The GM also made a city of drop pods with not frigates and he used the wrong model for the B1's NPC's. Now we start with the event jobs. He had 4 event jobs all commandos, I had a problem with two of them. The first event job was called PVT Cyro's with the steam id of STEAM_0:1:156488090 who broke character by telling me to F off and tea bagging me over and over again. And the other event job I had a problem when under the name of Commando Droid 80085 with the steam id of STEAM_0:1:155870935 who yelled in his normal voice and told me to get the F away. I have witness with is Shock Ramsay and 3 21st. This is the reason why I am giving it 2 out of a 10

• Disagree 2

DEUS VULT

The Wannabe's Corner | qipaos: Knightfall trailer aesthetics (x) ...

@Deathtiger I’m gonna address this head on. I called you guys out for metagaming because nowhere in lore has a Massiff just up and was able to smell a commando droid in CT armor, I’ve yet to find that happening anywhere, if you could provide links to evidence of it I’ll retract my statement. I even had to come up with some BS about having “gone to a lot of effort to get a special spray to deter the guard dogs” (from smelling something that doesn’t even have a scent, last time I checked they don’t have the force either). I understand that Massiffs are trackers and hunters, but that doesn’t mean they can just smell things that don’t have a scent to begin with.

So to deter any further metagaming (which I could have easily AOS’d you for, but didn’t because I wasn’t in the mood to deal with the argument that would have happened after while doing an event), I simply TP’d him like 2 feet away behind you and he just walked away. You doing such things would have singlehandedly ruined the entire event.

Idk if you’ve been a GM before, but there’s no such thing as “using the wrong type of B1s”. Just because the Geonosis B1s were used on, well Geonosis, doesn’t mean they weren’t used elsewhere. It’s just a droid skin.

Now as for the event job behaviors, you can’t expect me to tell them to not do that kind of stuff if nobody is informing me of their actions, can I? GMs don’t know what their jobs do in game when they’re too busy spawning and keeping an eye out for other metagamers. Stuff like that needs to be relayed to us otherwise it’ll go unchecked. I honestly didn’t know they had done that until I just now read your reply.

Last but not least I could call you out (assuming it was you, since there was only 1 Massiff). You were constantly running up to our commandos and knifing them, which is definitely failRP since Massiff can’t have knives, only fists (at least last time I checked).

Edited by Synyster
  • Winner 1

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard