Rocksteady - the helmet-less droid

Rocksteady

Name: Rocksteady

Who helped (If applicable):

Event Name: the helmet-less droid

Summary of the story: a commando droid was assigned to take down the base and render it vulnerable, but was caught and killed. a CIS fleet then arrived to assault the base and cover the infiltration of another droid. this droid was killed too but not before it completed its assignment of destroying the generator. the republic eventually managed to call in some acclimator assets and destroy the ships. leaving only a few enemies for the clones to clean up.

What was the result of the event?: republic win

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: shoot em up

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

4/10.

I'm not quite sure where to start. At first I saw the commando droid without the helmet and I was completely shocked on what to do. I honestly thought you forgot to put on the bodygrouper. So I tried to RP it out, maybe the droid was reprogrammed or something? I thought it was perhaps a strange RP event. But no.

The event job turned around and started shooting the clones. Makes sense really the whole war, if the whole helmet thing was a ruse by the CIS then.... I'm gobsmacked. Just launch an assault if that was the plan, as infiltration wasn't in the best interests of the Commando Droid.

After chasing the droid in the base I witness it put on a CT Helmet. After loosing sight on the droid I call out in comms for people to look out for CTs as a Commando Droid has got our armour. The first CT I see happens to be the event Job, pure coincidence. The GM, who is the Commando Droid, stops the action and proceeds to claim Metagaming when I had every right to suspect him of being a Commando Droid. Note: all other CTs were AFK at the time. I begin defending myself as I don't want to be arrested for metagaming. He then informs the crowd that this whole incident was a distraction and again begins trying to kills us. 

Later in the event the second commando droid comes on the base. Long story short. He knifes a few clones in open combat as well as a Jedi. 

However, once the action started and the event was not involved. It was a decent shoot them up.

TL;DR: A decent shoot them up, but I expect better from a GMO. This sort of event with this many mistakes is something I'd expect of a GH (If they're still around).

Edited by Anders0n
3 hours ago, Anders0n said:

4/10.

I'm not quite sure where to start. At first I saw the commando droid without the helmet and I was completely shocked on what to do. I honestly thought you forgot to put on the bodygrouper. So I tried to RP it out, maybe the droid was reprogrammed or something? I thought it was perhaps a strange RP event. But no.

The event job turned around and started shooting the clones. Makes sense really the whole war, if the whole helmet thing was a ruse by the CIS then.... I'm gobsmacked. Just launch an assault if that was the plan, as infiltration wasn't in the best interests of the Commando Droid.

After chasing the droid in the base I witness it put on a CT Helmet. After loosing sight on the droid I call out in comms for people to look out for CTs as a Commando Droid has got our armour. The first CT I see happens to be the event Job, pure coincidence. The GM, who is the Commando Droid, stops the action and proceeds to claim Metagaming when I had every right to suspect him of being a Commando Droid. Note: all other CTs were AFK at the time. I begin defending myself as I don't want to be arrested for metagaming. He then informs the crowd that this whole incident was a distraction and again begins trying to kills us. 

Later in the event the second commando droid comes on the base. Long story short. He knifes a few clones in open combat as well as a Jedi. 

However, once the action started and the event was not involved. It was a decent shoot them up.

TL;DR: A decent shoot them up, but I expect better from a GMO. This sort of event with this many mistakes is something I'd expect of a GH (If they're still around).

you are entirely correct it was a mistake and i tried to roll with it, and it wasn't really meant to be anything other than a mindless shoot em up anyway. i apologize that the event want fun for you