VOid

Life-

3 minutes ago, Stern said:

Technically advert is the intercom system which is how you announce tryouts and defcon etc.

It is also used by event jobs because yellow chat stands out and is also Open Comms.

I am neutral about this.

Yeah so should event jobs not be able to use Advert without their messages getting blown out of the chat because 3 people are adverting Tryouts.

Well seeing as how advert stands for Advertise then I don't see why we would change it up seeing as how Comms should stay strictly RP only and not for tryouts or anything like that. And besides when I used to train recruits I had them test all the chat commands (excluding @, and  Comms for the reason being that tagging admins is nothing to test unless it is a serious issue, and comms is mean't for strictly RP only in my books so yeah) but I don't think adding a Rank restriction to a chat command will do anything. Also regarding the staff comment, some of them have more pressing matters to worry about than people adverting tryouts a few times in chat and seeing as how after they say it a few times they'll most likely stop but even if they don't then whats stopping you from telling them?

Current: Rancor Medic Previous: 327th Commander ARCL Useful, DU ARC Commander Jerome, CT PVT 1348 Useless

1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

, Advert should be a form of Important Communications

What, that's what Comms is for, as quite obviously stated in the name; and I rarely see anyone spam it anyway. 

Edited by Chop

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

1 minute ago, Kool Kid Useful said:

Well seeing as how advert stands for Advertise then I don't see why we would change it up seeing as how Comms should stay strictly RP only and not for tryouts or anything like that. And besides when I used to train recruits I had them test all the chat commands (excluding @, and  Comms for the reason being that tagging admins is nothing to test unless it is a serious issue, and comms is mean't for strictly RP only in my books so yeah) but I don't think adding a Rank restriction to a chat command will do anything. Also regarding the staff comment, some of them have more pressing matters to worry about than people adverting tryouts a few times in chat and seeing as how after they say it a few times they'll most likely stop but even if they don't then whats stopping you from telling them?

You dont need to add a rank restriction just do Tryouts in Comms thats how we did it back in the days and it worked fine.