[DIRECTORS] Pythins Suggestion for the Forums

Pythin

Hey there brother. It seems that every time someone comments on something they try to instigate something, and I have seen this countless times. I think that if you guys like this that. If a person’s message that isn’t in spam center instigates something they should be warned, because I hate watching post turn into fucking flame centers, and ik people are better then that. Anyway what do you guys think?

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Former: Liaison

17 minutes ago, Pythin said:

Hey there brother. It seems that every time someone comments on something they try to instigate something, and I have seen this countless times. I think that if you guys like this that. If a person’s message that isn’t in spam center instigates something they should be warned, because I hate watching post turn into fucking flame centers, and ik people are better then that. Anyway what do you guys think?

Man fuck you 

Just kidding love u BB :)

I honestly feel as if the people who doesn't want to get involved in the forum drama and/or minding their own businesses are the ones who suffer the most in the community.

I mean, there were (and are) tons of flame posts around the forum to these days since day one (the ones that were so spicy that they are hidden from public...).

• Retired Founder

Well, this will need to be discussed with the Founders and Square. In my role as a Developer, I do not oversee forum moderation or enforcement besides setting up their back end permissions, assigning groups, and banning extremely malicious random forum user(s) who create accounts simply to harm the community. All other Forum Moderation is handled by Server High Staff; Head Admins and Directors.

But I can see lately that the High Staff has a lot on their hands and forum moderation has become a low priority overall. I do agree things are a bit toxic at times and there's a lack of forum enforcement overall. 

We do not have any Forum Moderators besides the Head Admin+ team. Esitt has forum mod for his development assistance work.

But if the Founders want more enforcement, I can help push things in the right direction, but it's not my decision nor will I touch anything moderation related without their nod of approval.

Will ping them for an internal discussion.

@Jackson @Square @Joah @Carter

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif

I honestly don’t think anyone should be moderating the forums unless you applied for it. It’s important and imperative to have an impartial set of people moderating what others say, but even that I’m skeptical about. I dont want people to be censored just for being a dick. Let them take the forum hit without being regulated. I understand there is a time and place to post shit, but restricting it will only hurt overall. I for one know toxicity because I used to be heavily toxic myself. Cracking down on this issue may come off as selected and bias. 

• Founder
Founder
7 hours ago, Pythin said:

This already happens though I see HA+ assigning warning points daily. It just doesn't show up for non forum mod accounts. 

Just now, Carter said:

As soon as we see flaming/instigation we usually immediately hand out warning points.

Y'all would get real annoyed if you saw the pings HA+ often get for someone getting a warning point on the forums.

you contribute to 3/4ths of the warning pings

• Winner 1

I understand the part that people might be dicks sometimes. But in my opinion, people should be respectful on the forums. If a new player sees the forums and watches people flaming each other and starting shit over the forums imagine what that player will think of the community. I am not saying there should be really strict rules about this but I definetly think that flaming/instigation comments should be regulated to make the forums a friendly environment to everyone, including new players.

Edited by BlackHead